Softube updates Console 1 software to v2.4.7 - incl. support for UAD Powered Plug-ins
Softube has announced that the planned Console 1 software update (v2.4.7) with support for selected UAD Powered Plug-ins from Universal Audio is now online, available for free to owners of first-generation Console 1 systems.
To be joined by buyers of the soon-to-be-released Console 1 Mk II, owners of first-generation Console 1 units can customize their channels to fit their needs with over 60 Console 1 system-ready plug-ins available from Softube and Universal Audio, adding brands such as Chandler Limited, Fairchild, and Helios to the range of products that can be used with Console 1 systems — all pre-mapped and easily selectable from the Console 1 software, so no MIDI mapping is necessary.
Greg Westall, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Universal Audio, states, "Softube and Universal Audio share a lot of core values, like the importance of sound quality, ease of use, and a love for good music. Seeing that Universal Audio and Softube are longtime partners, and that Console 1 is a super-intuitive control surface, it all just makes so much sense."
Softube President Oscar Öberg says: "The concept of Console 1 has been extremely popular, and we haven't been able to keep up with the demand. I'm excited that we finally are able to manufacture larger quantities of a Console 1 that's not only better but also a lot more affordable."
Console 1 Mk II, which will retail for $499 (as opposed to $849 for the first-generation units), is scheduled to start shipping later this Spring, though the software update with the UAD Powered Plug-Ins compatibility can now be downloaded for free from here.
Changes in v2.4.7:
- Console 1: Integrated support for some UAD equalizers and compressors.
- Modular: Drag and drop move of modules.
- Console 1: "Shift + Phase Inv" will bypass the entire Console 1.
- Console 1: "Shift + Page Up/Down" will jump one track at the time.
- Improved graphics performance. The largest improvements can be found in the Console 1 On-Screen Display on Mac Retina screens and Modular.
- Console 1: The link to the Console 1 On-Screen Display manual from the menubar app has been fixed.
- Console 1: Fixed an issue where Sonar would not remove a Console 1 instance after deleting a track.
- British Class A For Console 1: A new code optimization has significantly reduced the CPU usage.
- Modular: The center console now follows the scrolling sideways in the smallest GUI size.
- Modular: Proper song position implemented for AAX.
- Modular: Fixed an issue where the first attempt to add multiple modules in one go would fail.
- Modular: Fixed a bug where starting or stopping the transport could be delayed slightly.