Solid State Logic has announced what they describe as "the ultimate single fader controller for music creators looking for comprehensive control over their DAW environment": the UF1 DAW Control Centre.
Designed with SSL's advanced workflow at its core and packed with intuitive control features, UF1 removes technical and creative barriers, connecting artists, producers, and engineers closer to their craft.
UF1 is a single fader control surface for anyone who wants comprehensive control of their DAW, featuring a 100 mm motorized fader, dual high-resolution displays, soft-feel durable rubber keys and a weighted jog wheel, all encased in a robust metal chassis. UF1 offers complete control of a DAW's pans, sends, plug-ins and more, plus the ability to customise 46 soft keys specifically to user's workflows. UF1 features clear and insightful visual feedback, intuitive control and deep integration with the new SSL Meter Plug-in and SSL 360° software.
Andy Jackson, SSL Studio Senior Product Manager, comments:
Intelligent or 'advanced workflow' as we call it, has always been at the core of our product design. UF1 is no different - we have once again raised the bar on what is possible to keep artists, producers and engineers in the zone while working on in-the-box productions or in a hybrid environment. Featuring expansive functionality and flexibility, UF1 offers performance never seen before in a controller of this size and when combined with UF8 and UC1, presents an extremely powerful virtual SSL Console.
UF1 can control up to 3 DAWs simultaneously and comes with profiles for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, LUNA, and Pyramix. Dedicated transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel make moving around even the largest session quick and efficient. Secondary Transport keys can be customised to essential workflow shortcuts such as Loop on/off and click track on/off. Or press the Shift button for fast access to DAW automation modes. The 100 mm motorised SSL fader offers precise control when writing automation and of course, fine tuning track volume in recording and mixing sessions.
Instant, in-depth visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display, the SSL Meter plug-in and 360°-enabled channel strips in the SSL Plug-in Mixer is provided by UF1's dual high-resolution displays. SSL channel strip plug-ins, including latest 4K B and renowned 9000 series emulation, Channel Strip 2 can be controlled from the UF1 surface with key information like EQ curve, and gate and compression activity shown across the displays.
Meter Plug-in and SSL 360° Integration
Beyond its comprehensive DAW control, every UF1 purchase includes a perpetual license for the SSL Meter plug-in (worth $99.99 / £89.99 / €99.99) which is visualised on the large 4.3" IPS display and can be controlled directly from the UF1 surface or the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer. The SSL Meter Plug-in offers essential metering tools including Peak & RMS levels, K-System, stereo balance, phase correlation bar, Lissajous phase scope, 31-band RTA, VU and PPM metering.
Expand UF1 with SSL UC1 and UF8 Controllers
UF1 can be used on its own or partnered with UF8 for an even deeper SSL DAW control experience. SSL says UF1 is also the perfect hardware expansion for the UC1 SSL plug-in controller, adding fader control and providing easy access to SSL 360°-enabled channel strip parameters alongside visual feedback of EQ curves. For the ultimate SSL controller setup offering full SSL virtual console workflow, combine up to four UF8s with UC1 and UF1.
- 100 mm high quality motorised SSL fader.
- 2 x high resolution displays, including a large 4.3" TFT LCD display for visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display, the SSL Meter plug-in and 360°-enabled channel strips in the SSL Plug-in Mixer.
- Dedicated Transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel for total session control.
- Dedicated HUI and MCU DAW Profiles for:
- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, LUNA, Pyramix.
- UF1 can switch to control the MASTER fader in MCU protocol DAWs.
- Proprietary control of the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer.
- Seamless integration with the SSL Meter plug-in (perpetual license included), with the metering plug-in visualised on the large 4.3" IPS display and control from the UF1 surface and SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer.
- SSL Meter offers essential meter tools including Peak & RMS levels, K-System, stereo balance, phase correlation bar, Lissajous phase scope, 31-band RTA, VU and PPM metering.
- Extend the functionality of UC1:
- Control 360°-enabled channel strips such as Channel Strip 2 and 4K B directly from the UF1 surface and view the EQ curve on the UF1 large display.
- Master mode for the Plug-in Mixer allows UF1 to control a different channel strip to the one that is selected on UC1.
- Fully featured DAW Controller in a compact footprint. Control DAW Pans, Sends, Plug-ins and Virtual Instruments with ease.
- 46 customisable user keys ready to assign your favourite DAW commands or keyboard shortcuts.
- Secondary Transport row of keys can be customised to essential workflow shortcuts such as Loop on/off and click track on/off. Or press the Shift button for fast access to DAW automation modes.
- Fader Mode allows you to use the 4 V-Pots underneath the large screen to control 4 track volumes at the same time.
- A large multi-purpose notched encoder allows for track banking, mouse wheel emulation for hands-on control and control over computer system volume.
- Use UF1 on its own, or partner with UF8 and/or UC1 to enhance the functionality of both products.
- 2 x assignable foot-switch inputs.
- Up to 3 different DAWs can be connected simultaneously and switched between using the Layer keys.
- Powered by the SSL 360° Software application.
The UF1 is available now and is priced at: £499 ex.VAT, $699 and €599. UF1 comes bundled with a perpetual licence of new SSL Meter Plug-in and a six-month trial of SSL Complete.