Sonalksis has released SV-719 Analogue Gate, an analogue-modeled dynamics processor.
In keeping with the other plug-ins in the Sonalksis 'SV' series, the SV-719 Analogue Gate employs Sonalksis 'state-space' technology to provide true analogue characteristics, while offering a flexibility that can only be obtained from a digital processor.
While a gate is a relatively simple process to implement digitally, the typical analogue gate imparts a subtle character that ubiquitous digital implementations lack. The SV-719 intimately models the characteristics of a real analogue processor to capture the nuances of an analogue gate, so whether you are after a classic gated drum effect, or are trying to tame a bass line, the SV-719 will give noticeably more traditional results.
The SV-719 is an extensively featured gate/expander. Aside from all the standard gate parameters, the SV-719 features external side-chain inputs, multiple band side-chain filtering, MIDI triggering capability, and independent left/right channel triggering possibilities. In addition, a hybrid analogue/digital signal chain path allows look-ahead processing if required.
Other features include:
- Separate gate and expander models, with soft or hard-knee expansion capability.
- Ducking capability – a mechanism often used in voiceover production, but which can also be used creatively for example to de-emphasize effects which might cloud a mix when there's too much going on.
- Zero latency throughput - enables the gate to be used in the monitor path for tracking situations.
- 64bit floating point precision internal processing throughout.
- Support for sampling rates of up to 192 kHz.
SV-719 is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU, DX and RTAS versions, including Universal Binaries for Mac Intel platforms. It costs $259.99 / €209.99 and is also included in the new Sonalksis Essentials Mk2 Bundle. Previously registered users will be offered advantageous upgrade paths towards the Sonalksis Essentials Mk2 Bundle. Demo versions are available.