Sononym Sample Browser updated to v1.2
Sononym, the sample browser application for Windows, macOS and Linux, has been updated to v1.2. This includes a number of stability improvements, with a few oft-requested features thrown in as well.
Here are the key highlights:
- Modernized Internals: We have updated the internals of the software, with considerable stability improvements as a result - especially on the macOS and Linux platforms.
- Improved Text Search: Sononym now ships with a database of related words and terms - also known as a Thesaurus. And the best thing? You can add your own entries.
- Additional Filename Columns: Instead of just a single "filename" column, Sononym now offers three: one for the Filename, one for the Folder and one which contains both.
- Optional Auto-Export: It's now possible to configure the global and default settings for Collections, including the path to store files and whether to automatically export files.
- Faster Audio Previews: When stepping through search results, audio previews will now respond much faster - no more "missed sounds" while using the keyboard.
- Smooth Scrolling: The application now offers a new scrolling mode that should be especially interesting for touch/trackpad users.
- And many other tweaks and bugfixes...
The full release notes are available at: sononym.net/blog/new-release-1.2