Sonoris has released the Sonoris Multiband Compressor for Mac OS X and Windows in VST, VST3, AU, AAX and RTAS plugin formats.
The Sonoris Multiband Compressor (=SMBC) is a three band compressor. It is a clean processor, suitable for delicate material. It has three independent frequency bands, each followed by a compressor based on the Sonoris Mastering Compressor. The three bands are created with carefully designed Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters to avoid phase cancellation problems while having a very natural, analog like quality. By design they mix back flat. Unlike linear phase filters they don't introduce ringing artifacts and are more efficient in use.
Besides working on a full mix, each filter band can also work on the Left, Right, Mid or Side channels or anything in between, with the variable link. This feature is designed to turn the SMBC into a powerful problem solver enabling a user to exclusively attack a specific problem in a mix. For example, taming the bass in the Mid channel or a snare hit in the Left channel at 3kHz while keeping the integrity of the mix intact.
- Extremely clean three band mastering compressor.
- Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters.
- Ratio ranging from 1:1 to infinity for compression and limiting.
- Attack ranging from 0 msec to 1 sec.
- Selectable auto-attack.
- Release ranging from 1 msec to 5 sec.
- Selectable auto-release ranging from 0.5 sec. to 5 sec. program dependent.
- Threshold ranging from –60 dBfs to 0 dBfs.
- Very flexible knee setting from hard to soft in 100 steps.
- A second knee that enables the compressor to adjust the ratio back to 1:1 above the threshold, also adjustable in 100 steps from hard to soft knee.
- Feedback and feedforward detector types.
- 2 processing modes:
- Variable Link: sidechain linking is adjustable from fully linked to fully split.
- Highest Link: sidechains linked with the highest value of the left and right channel.
- Compression on stereo, L, R, Mid or Side channels.
- Band solo modes.
- Monitoring selectable between stereo, L, R, Mid or Side channels.
- Make up gain ranging from – 18 dB to + 18 dB.
- 2x, 4x, 8x or auto upsampling for even less artifacts.
- A/B comparison.
- Scalable user interface.
- Gain transfer plot.
- High resolution gain reduction meters.
- High resolution level meters with resettable peak indicator.
- Full automation possible.
- Mousewheel support.
- Settings can be saved and loaded.
- 64-bit internal resolution.
- Easy Online License Activation.
- USB stick license activation.
Price: EUR 249.-