Sound Magic has announced the release of Supreme Pianos, a new physical modeled piano plug-in for Windows that contains three grand pianos: Blue Water Piano, Red Wings Piano and Mini Piano.
Supreme Pianos uses physical modeling technology designed to achieve the same reality level as sampling while keeping the CPU usage low. In order to do this, Supreme Pianos uses a series of technologies that Sound Magic describes as "groundbreaking", including Harmony Rendering Engine and Multi-Dimension Vector Synthesis.
The basic idea of Supreme Pianos comes from 3D graphic rendering. It uses Physical modeling to shape the sound's "skeleton" of the piano, and then maps a series of harmony components on to the skeleton to achieve an authentic sound.
Supreme Pianos does not rely on sampling, has a small memory footprint and low CPU usage making it ideal for live performances. Even on a Pentium III 533MHz system, it could work great while running under heavy duty. And on today's quad core system, Supreme Pianos could maintain CPU usage unnoticeable, according to Sound Magic.
- 256 stages / 40Hz Harmony Rendering Engine adds reality to the sound of physical modeling piano.
- Multi-Dimension Vector Synthesis technology reveals the power of Sound Magic's "next generation" Physical Modeling technology that is 20X faster than traditional physical modeling algorithm.
- Proprietary Real Dynamic Response System accurately represents real grand piano's non-linear dynamic response.
- Full repedalling feature accurately recreates the behavior between pedal up and pedal down.
- Proprietary 264-strings Sympathetic Resonance System reproduces comprehensive Sympathetic Resonances of a true Grand Piano.
- Optimal Coding for multi-core CPU leads to extreme low CPU usage and RAM usage. The CPU usage even lower than a sample player.
- Optimised for most MIDI keyboards.
- Small Size, Total 335MB for 3 Pianos.
- Full MIDI learn and automation.
Pricing & Availability
With an introductory price of €199, Supreme Pianos is available now in stand-alone and VST instrument plug-in formats for Windows. There will be more add-ons in the feature. A demo version is available.