Sound Trends has announced the release of studio.HD, a music creation app for the iPad that features eight multi-layered audio tracks (24 total tracks of playback) with recording, editing, mixing, effects, automatic loop tempo correction and a great loop library.
- Browse and audition loops arranged into Loop Sets that logically group instrument parts (drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc.) that work well together. Audition audio at the current Project tempo and with the current arrangement.
- Loops Sets - Examples are included plus you get download access to all the Loop Sets in Looptastic HD and new Rock, Pop, Metal, Country and Funk loops.
- Import your own loops from Mac and PC using the new File Sharing feature in iTunes.
- 8 tracks + layers = 24 tracks of audio playback. studio.HD accommodates multiple layers per track to give you at least 24 tracks. Screen space and workflow are optimized to reduce the endless scrolling found in other apps.
- Record your best take then make it better with overdubs and editing. Just hit the record button, listen to the count-off, and get ready to jam. Use Loop Record to lay down a few takes and choose your best or edit together a hybrid.
- Arrange and rearrange your song with your bare hands. Grab your audio parts and Edit, Delete, Copy, Paste and Loop them to make your composition just the way you want it. Use the Loop Control bar to copy/paste whole verses.
- Zoom around your composition and fly into your edits. Effortlessly zoom in and out of your arrangement. It even 'Auto-Zooms' to put your whole arrangement in view with a quick double-touch! Get a song overview super-fast.
- Edit faster. Edit Regions can be overlapping and layered on each track. Layered Regions explode and show an overlay screen that lets you choose a layer to edit. All operations intelligently snap to Bar/Beat based on Zoom level. A Loop Control Bar lets you move the looped region PLUS select all Regions on all tracks in the Loop start to Cut/Copy/Paste whole sections of your songs like verses and choruses.
- Multi-touch '2-finger' dragging quickly copies a part, similar to the Option-Drag copy technique on the Mac. Truncate an audio file¹s beginning and end points to 'top and tail' a recording or grab a handle to Loop (repeat) a part to play longer. Drag Edit Regions between tracks and anywhere within the Arrangement.
- Mix it with faders + effects. Every track has its own volume control and effects capability. Just drag and drop an effect from the FX list to assign that effect to a track. You get Bitcrusher, Flanger, Hi and Low Pass Filters and Delay effects used in Looptastic. Set effect parameters with an XY controller to (like resonance and frequency for the filters).
- Export your mix. Save a mixdown to an AIFF 16/44 that you can sync on your Mac/PC and then import into iTunes to wow your friends. Share files with your computer using the new iTunes App File Sharing capabilities.
The price is $7.99 as an introductory price until the next version is released and is available in the iTunes App store.