Synapse Audio has announced the release of Obsession, a new virtual instrument plugin for macOS and Windows that brings the power of a great polyphonic vintage synthesizer to your fingertips.
Synapse Audio says:
Obsession combines the astute modeling of voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), voltage-controlled filter (VCF) and voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA) with a comprehensive individual voice control that has never been done before in this detail.
- Two part engine with 8 or 16 voice boards.
- Single/Dual/Split modes.
- High-quality effect block with Delay, Reverb and Chorus.
- Precise control of many sound parameters per voice board.
- Stepped LFO with freehand drawing for rhythmic sequences.
- Scalable GUI, Retina-ready.
- Support for Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
- 420 patches by leading sound designers, NKS-ready.
Availability and Pricing
Obsession is available in VST, Audio Unit and AAX formats (all 64-bit), for Windows and OS X. A Reason rack extension is planned for release in July.
Obsession can be purchased for $99 in the Synapse Audio shop.
A free trial version is available on the product page.