Synapse Audio has released a major upgrade to its VST/AudioUnit plug-in Poly-850, now named X-Poly. It is available to all registered users of the Poly-850 or SynthPack Ultimate free of charge.
- Full Stereo engine.
- Panorama knob for both oscillators.
- Dual Voice mode for thicker patches.
- Enhanced interface.
- Stereo Noise generator, providing more spacious sounds.
- Release stages are now semi-log as opposed to linear (sounds better).
- Zero CPU usage when idle.
- Chorus section now provides feedback and modulation depth controls.
- Maximum polyphony upgraded to 20 voices.
- Semi-transparent readouts for all knobs.
- Additional presets added.
- LFO Rate range extended.
- Amplitude responds to velocity.
- Multiple instances on multiple cores now work properly.
- Visual Glitches in the option menu fixed.
- Keyboard now responds when triggered via MIDI too.
Pricing & Availability
X-Poly costs $49 and is available for Windows (incl. x64) and Mac OS X in VST and AU instrument formats.