Techivation has announced the release of T-De-Esser, a free, simplified and easy-to-use De-Esser plugin for Windows and MacOS that smooths out high frequencies while trying to maintain a natural and musical sound.
You can use T-De-Esser to:
- Remove harshness from sound sources that were closely mic'd.
- Manage sibilance in vocals and dialog in a transparent manner.
- Treat irregular tonal balance caused by the poor recording quality.
- Reduce the glare from unnecessarily bright guitar and piano recordings.
- Tame piercing synth sounds.
- Control the high-frequencies in overheads' transients, such as snare, hi-hats, or clash.
- Give more dynamic range to your tracks while mastering, due to the reduction of unnecessary high frequencies.
- Windows 7 and up as 32 / 64-bit VST3, and 64-bit.
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) – macOS 10.15 (Big Sur) as 32/64-bit VST and AU, Intel and M1 Rosetta 2 Macs.
More information is available on: techivation.com/t-de-esser