TerraTec has announced the release of Komplexer, the long awaited plug-in synth offering both virtual analog synthesis and wavetable synthesis, with eight onboard macro controllers.
Featuring classic synth sound powered by three oscillators, two multimode filters, four ADSDSR envelopes and three LFOs, Komplexer also has the ability to import Waldorf microQ sounds. Courtesy of the macro controllers, presets can be modified to suit every taste using just eight parameters. This VST instrument also affords users unrestricted access to all of the sophisticated synthesis engine's 400 parameters. Features such as the advanced arpeggiator and LFO 3's synchronizable user-specific waveform serve to create soundscapes that adapt automatically to the given song tempo. In the 16x16 modulation matrix almost every parameter of the Komplexer can be accessed.
- Virtual analog software synthesizer.
- Wavetable synthesis.
- Imports Waldorf microQ sounds.
- Eight macro controllers.
- Up to 256 voices.
- Unrestricted access to the sound synthesis engine.
- Three oscillators featuring sync and ring modulation.
- Two multimode filters (8 types including comb filters).
- Flexible modulation matrix.
- Four ADSDSR envelopes.
- Audio input with vocoder.
- Three LFOs (LFO3 with user waveform).
- 16x16 modulation matrix.
- Five effect units offering delay, reverb, chorus, phaser, distortion.
- Full automatable and controllable via MIDI controller.
- VST plug-in for Windows 2000, Windows XP.
- Standalone Mode for use without VST - Host.
Komplexer has an MSRP of €199 and is available now. A hardware DSP version of Komplexer will also be available for TerraTec's new Area 61 Expandable Controller Keyboard due in Q3 2006 (more info soon).