The Very Loud Indeed Co. has announced the release of Chimaera: Mutated Pitched Percussion, a new instrument for the full version of Native Instruments' Kontakt (6.7+).
Chimaera is a Kontakt instrument designed for speed, flexibility and ease of use. Just like the mythical creature made of the body parts of different animals, Chimaera is a collection of several pitched percussion instruments. However, it goes beyond just sampled instruments — it puts a formidable amount of power at the user's fingertips, by allowing endless combinations of its 18 sound layers.
- 552 sound files at 16-bit / 48 kHz resolution in a compact 1.25 GB footprint.
- 6 sampled pitched percussion instruments (marimba, vibraphone, steel pan, hang drum, kalimba and glockenspiel).
- Simultaneously playable short notes and pads in each instrument module.
- 30 highly curated presets to serve as starting points or templates.
- Instrument modules can be activated or deactivated to save on voices and CPU power.
- All WAV files are included, so you can use them in your DAW or other samplers.
Intro Price: $47 until October 13th, 2022 (Reg. $79).