Tone Projects has released Kelvin, a dual-stage saturator with creative tonal control.
Kelvin combines flexible dual-stage saturation with powerful push/pull equalization in a "new way to shape sounds".
Kelvin offers detailed saturation models, mastering-grade performance, and vast sonic possibilities with just a few parameters. Pick your favourite combination from several transformer, tube, and diode circuits to bring tracks to life with rich harmonic coloration and warm saturation, or get creative with frequency specific distortion and beautiful analog-style tone sculpting.
- Interactive dual-stage saturation with separate control of gain and model for each stage.
- Freely combine 8 highly detailed models of transformer, tube, and diode saturation circuits.
- Flexible tone shaping filters to adjust saturation per frequency and overall tonal balance.
- Analog style filters, including passive Pultec style low and high bands.
- Unique harmonic "Spread" feature to create width by introducing subtle harmonic variances.
- "De-Fuzz" feature to reduce mid-high frequency saturation and clean up artifacts.
- Optional soft clipper on output to discreetly shave off peaks or add a 3rd stage of crush.
- Auto-gain on output tuned to keep loudness balanced while still allowing musical crescendos.
- Smooth audio rate modulation of main parameters.
- Dry/Wet control for easy parallel processing.
- High fidelity oversampling with separate setting for offline rendering quality.
- Native support for both Intel and Apple Silicon processors.
Intro Price: $74 until July 9th, 2021 (reg. $99).