Toontrack have unveiled the sequel to the award-winning multi-sampled drum library dfh.
dfh Superior includes all new drumkits with even more realism and user control than dfh, and it includes it's own built-in audio engine and interface for Mac and Windows. The audio engine functions as a plug-in instrument, initially as a VSTi but there will be more formats to follow, including AU and RTAS.
The idea behind dfh Superior is to make a programmable environment as close to a real studio session as possible. All leakage, that is a big part of the sound in a drum recording, bleeds naturally through all mics. dfh Superior also lets you choose whether or not you want bleeding in each mic, and gives you control over the bleed levels.
dfh Superior's ambition is to cover most needs when it comes to genuine drums. From Hard Metal to soft jazz and acoustic music.
- Multiple DVDs with approximately 35GB data.
- 60,000 Sound files (single hits only, no loops).
- 5 Drumkits (Ludwig, Sonor, DW, an old "bad sounding" Fibes kit & Premiere drums).
- More than 40 Cymbals: Sabian, Zildjian & Istanbul & Sabian Prototypes.
- 11 Snares: DW, Ludwig, Tama & Pearl.
- 7 Hats: Sabian, Zildjian & Sabian prototypes.
- Specials: 2 Cowbells, and a set of Rototom frames.
- 1 Cocktail Kit from Yamaha.
- No pre-processed sounds, all sounds have been recorded without any pre or post processing of the sounds.
- dfh SUPERIOR Will use it's own mapping as default, but you can load GM mappings and old dfh or dfh Add-On mappings as well.
- Easy customization from the "EASY TO USE" software sampler interface.
- Each mic has its own designated output channel with natural bleeding from the rest of the drums.