ConcreteFX have released Adder, an additive wavetable synthesizer VSTi for Windows. Adder uses additive, wavetable/shaping, subtractive & FM synthesis to create an enormous range of sounds.
Features of Adder:
- Adder uses 32 partials, each partial can use one of four different waveforms. Sine/saw/triangle and square waves are initially built in but you can use any small sample as a waveform (300 waveforms are supplied with Adder for your use).
- Partials - each partial has it's own volume, harmonic, tuning , FM & phase settings, and each belongs to one of eight volume and pitch group. These groups are use in the modulation matrix so partials can have different volume, pitch & FM envelopes / LFOs, etc.
- Samples - Adder's built in sample loader allows to load in any short 16 bit sample. Samples can be looping or single shot and can be re-triggered using step sequences. A sample shaper allows filtering, reversing, distortion, etc. of any of the samples.
- Filters - two 12/24 low/high/band pass/band reject + ring mod or comb filters. Each partial can be sent to either or both of these filters. These filters have built-in distortion and waveshaping and can be use in serial or in parallel.
- Fat Mode - in this the first sixteen partials are doubled and de-tuned so to create fatter sounds. Combined with stereo widening this creates much bigger sounds.
- Playing Modes - Adder can work in poly , mono or legato mode.
- Modulators - Adder has eight envelopes, step sequences and LFO's. Envelope can have up-to 32 stage, each stage having variable slopes. Each envelope has user-definable loop & release points for complex patterns.
- Modulation matrix - a powerful modulation matrix allows you to modulate all the controls using envelopes , LFO's , step sequences, any midi controls ,velocity, note played and in/out volume.
- Effects - Cross delay, chorus/flanger, 3 band equalizer and compressor effects.
- Adder comes with 160 presets (more to follow) and manual in PDF format.
Adder is available for $70/60 EUR/£40 and a time-limited demo version can be downloaded.