URS (Unique Recording Software) has announced the release of the Windows VST version of its new Saturation plug-in.
Saturation digitally recreates four different and distinct pre amplifiers each featuring: a different type of input stage saturation, even and odd ordered harmonics and soft clipping.
The initial four Pre Amplifiers models include:
- Class A Tube Mic Pre Amplifier - MotorCity
This algorithm digitally recreates the characteristics of a American tube mic pre amplifier that was popular in recording studios during the 1960's Motown era. Setting the drive control higher will add desired harmonics and tube soft clipping for a much more pronounced effect.
- Class A Tube Mic Pre Amplifier - German
This algorithm digitally recreates a German tube mic pre amplifier that was popular in European recording studios during early 1960's Beatles era. This type of tube pre amplifier is coveted for it's unique distortion, presence and authority in the treble ranges.
- Class A Discrete Mic Pre Amplifier - British
This algorithm digitally recreates the sought after classic British console all discrete mic pre saturation. This vintage amplifier was also used for the console's summing buss amplifiers. The added harmonics create the edge that is desired in both Rock and R&B music.
- Class A Discrete JFet Mic Pre Amplifier - Modern
This algorithm digitally recreates a modern JFet mic pre amplifier that comes the closest of any discrete device to tube saturation. Although similar to a tube it has its own unique harmonic structure and sound.
- Mix blend Control: Allows you to blend the right amount of Saturation with your source material. No need to use an additional parallel track or Aux send to get blend effects. At the 100 % Wet setting the Mix Blend Control is disabled.
- Adjustable output control: The URS Saturation plug-in features an adjustable output control after the Mix Blend control to balance the final effect with your insert chain.
- Plasma Style VU metering: Allows you to view both the input and output signal. The phenomena of added harmonics, soft clipping and saturation is that it sounds louder even when the meters do not indicate changes in level.
- High Res 64 bit Floating point "Double Precision" processing: The URS Saturation plug-in Hi Resolution 64-bit floating point "Double Precision" processing for increased clarity and headroom. Why mention this clarity for a plug-in that reduces saturation? Because, we designed the URS Saturation plug-in to reproduce Analog style saturation not Digital.
The URS Saturation plug-in now supports Audio Units and VST for Mac OS X and VST for Windows. It has an MSRP of $249.99 but is currently available for the introductory price of $199.99.