|Type / Tags||Exciter / Enhancer|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
The URS Saturation plug-in offers:
- Six Vintage Pre Amplifier Algorithms.
- Two Analog Tape Saturation Algorithms.
- Two Transformer Core Saturation Algorithms.
- Even and Odd Ordered Harmonics.
- Soft Clipping.
- 158 Factory Presets.
Ten Vintage Analog Algorithms
The six digitally recreated Pre Amplifiers add different and distinct vintage even and odd ordered harmonics, input stage saturation and soft clipping. The Mic Pre Amplifier Saturation algorithms include:
- Class A Tube Mic Pre Amplifier - MotorCity: This algorithm digitally recreates the characteristics of a American tube mic pre amplifier that was popular in recording studios during the 1960s Motown era. Setting the drive control higher will add desired harmonics and tube soft clipping for a much more pronounced effect.
- Class A Tube Mic Pre Amplifier - German: This algorithm digitally recreates a German tube mic pre amplifier that was popular in European recording studios during early 1960s Beatles era. This type of tube pre amplifier is coveted for its unique distortion, presence and authority in the treble ranges.
- Class A Discrete Mic Pre Amplifier - British: This algorithm digitally recreates the sought after classic British console all discrete mic pre saturation. This vintage amplifier was also used for the console's summing buss amplifiers. The added harmonics create the edge that is desired in both Rock and R&B music.
- Class A Discrete JFet Mic Pre Amplifier - Modern: This algorithm digitally recreates a modern JFet mic pre amplifier that comes the closest of any discrete device to tube saturation. Although similar to a tube it has its own unique harmonic structure and sound.
- Class A Tube Mic Pre - 1951: Digitally recreates an American tube mic pre amplifier that was made by the same company that became famous for their Program Equalizers. These mic pre were popular from the early 1950s through the 1960s. Today these tube mic "pres" are coveted for their warm sound.
- Class A Tube Mic Pre - Tape Deck: Digitally recreates a tube mic pre included in early American mono analog tape recorders similar to those used by Elvis. These mic pre amplifiers were popular from the early 1950s through the 1960s and are still popular today. Today the original tape machine transports are trashed just to keep the tube mic pre electronics.
The two Mono Tape Head algorithms add Analog Tape saturation. This non-linear saturation produces a smoothing effect on high frequency transients. The two Mono Tape Head Saturation algorithms include:
- 15ips and 30ips: Digitally recreates classic tape machine tape head saturation. This type of non linear saturation particularly affects higher frequency transients and is most noticeable on drums and percussive instruments.
The Transformer Core Saturation algorithm adds non linear transformer core saturation as found on vintage consoles, tape machines and outboard gear:
- The Transformer American algorithm digitally recreates a Vintage American transformer used in high-end recording consoles, tape machines and outboard gear. Try the Transformer American algorithm as a transient tamer. A great tool to fix poorly recorded clicky Bass and Snare Drums.
- The Transformer British algorithm digitally recreates Vintage British transformer saturation found in high end early 1970s recording consoles. Try the Transformer British algorithm as a track warmer. The Transformer British algorithm can be a great tool to fix brittle digitally recorded audio.
- Adjustable Input Control: The URS Saturation plug-in features an adjustable input control to adjust the level into the Saturation's drive amplifier.
- Saturation Drive Control: Allows you to control the desired amount of added harmonics, saturation and soft clipping from 0-100%.
- Mix Blend Control: Allows you to blend the right amount of Saturation with your source material. No need to use an additional parallel track or Aux send to get blend effects. At the 100% Wet setting the Mix Blend Control is disabled.
- Adjustable Output Control: An adjustable output control after the Mix Blend control to balance the final effect with your insert chain.
- Plasma Style VU Metering: Allows you to view both the input and output signal. The phenomena of added harmonics, soft clipping and saturation is that it sounds louder even when the meters do not indicate changes in level.
- High Res 64-bit Floating point "Double Precision" processing: The URS Saturation plug-in Hi Resolution 64-bit floating point "Double Precision" processing for increased clarity and headroom. Why mention this clarity for a plug-in that reduces saturation? Because URS designed the URS Saturation plug-in to reproduce Analog style saturation, not Digital.