VAST Dynamics has released Vaporizer2, a hybrid wavetable additive / subtractive VST/AU synthesizer / sampler workstation featuring an alias-free high-performance wavetable sound engine with low system CPU resource usage.
- Wavetable engine with four independent alias-free wavetable oscillator banks with up to 24 oscillator unison.
- Designed for low system CPU resource usage - capable of more than 1.000 oscillators playing.
- Wavetable editor including frequency shift, smooth, clean, bend and bloat for single-cycles, parts of single-cycles or even whole wavetables.
- Wavetable draw mode with Bezier curves and snap to grid function.
- Mix-in, amplitude modulate, interpolate or normalize wavetable cycles.
- Generate FM, PWM, harmonic morphed / reduced, low pass / high pass / band pass / comb / formant filtering and even hard sync wavetables out of an arbitrary single cycle waveform.
- Morphing and phase shifting of wavetable cycles.
- Import and change standard (Serum, Icarus) format wavetables - also simply via drag and drop.
- Additive synthesis section that allows to freely edit all harmonics and phases in real-time.
- Sampler section (WAV / AIFF / OGG / MP3) with loop points, loop start modulation and key tracking.
- Resample samples to wavetables with pitch detection.
- Intelligent polyphonic portamento / glissando (you need to hear it.).
- Mono legato mode or polyphonic 4 / 16 voice modes.
- Three effects busses including 4 x oversampling and mono cutoff to preserve a clean low end.
- 10+ highly parameterizable effects including reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, bitcrush, eq, compressor, limiter, flanger, phaser, comb filter and more.
- All effect times and durations can be synced to DAW.
- Filter section (30+ different types) with 4 x oversampled LPF (biquad, state variable and diode ladder implementations) plus high pass, all pass, band pass, notch, shelf, comb and scream filters - all with resonance.
- Steep filter curves for punchy basses.
- Real-time filter response display.
- Audio routing system for all sound generators, filters and effect busses.
- Five freely editable MSEG envelopes with loop function.
- Five LFOs (per voice - means up to 80 LFOs in total) with smooth generation optimized for lowest frequencies with ramp and phase that can be set per voice or global - can be synced to the DAW.
- Built-in arpeggiator that is freely editable and supports polyphonic modes and hold.
- Three step sequencers that can be synced to the DAW.
- All parameter knobs / sliders automatable.
- User interface that is freely scalable and resizable even up to 4k and more with many drag and drop features.
Price: €34.90 (+VAT within EU) at vast-dynamics.com