Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) has released its new effects bundle - Vienna Suite - and announced that if you buy Vienna Suite through January 15th, 2009 you can download the limited-edition Vienna Instrument Jazz Drums for free.
Vienna Suite includes eight advanced, yet easy to use, plug-ins for mixing and mastering. For highest precision, they offer full 64-bit audio processing on all major 64-bit and 32-bit host platforms. Supported formats include AU (Mac OS X), VST (OS X, Win) and RTAS (OS X).
Though the plug-ins integrate with any host program or DAW, Vienna users will also be able to take advantage of the included expert presets tailor-made for Vienna Instruments.
Vienna Suite currently includes eight plug-ins:
- Equalizer for smooth highs and deep and powerful lows – includes an integrated 120 band spectrum analyzer. Extremely low CPU usage.
- Master Equalizer provides 3 filter types on 5 bands and additional high and low shelf filters with 2 filter types. The use of 4x oversampling makes internal calculations even more precise. Ideal for delicate sonic mastering tasks.
- Limiter with real-time input/output waveform display and auto-mode for transparent maximization.
- Compressor – featuring modern and vintage algorithms and a real-time input/output waveform display.
- Multiband Limiter – offering 4 bands with transparent crossover filters and an additional full-range brickwall limiter at the final output stage.
- PowerPan for powerful stage positioning of instruments, featuring real-time audio angular analysis.
- Exciter – offering 4x oversampling, tone-color sliders for mixing odd and even harmonics, and a high frequency FFT spectrum analyzer.
- Analyzer – featuring a 120 band analog modeled spectrum analyzer, fast and accurate display of bass frequencies, auto mode for automatic range management, and loudest frequency note display.
Priced at €395, the Vienna Suite is available now for Windows XP/Vista 32 and 64 bit versions and Mac OS X 10.4 or higher in VST (OS X, Win), AU (OS X) and RTAS (OS X) plug-in formats.
Download Jazz Drums for free Offer
Jazz Drums is a time limited offer, it won't be available commercially after January 15, 2009. Once you have purchased Vienna Suite, all of the files related to Jazz Drums will show up in the Download Products section of the User Area when you're logged in.
With the Vienna Instrument Jazz Drums the VSL team recorded single hits using every conceivable drum technique and articulation, and they also captured the sonic variety inherent in each instrument by hitting it in multiple places. Want to play from the center of the head to the rim of the shell? Just move the modulation wheel and the variety and liveliness of your performance becomes "jaw-dropping". Special attention was given to the ride cymbal, responsible for the characteristic quarter note pulse of many Jazz tunes. Tempo, playing zone, velocity, as well as the number of times the cymbal is hit in the context of the music contribute to the sound of this versatile and sensitive instrument, rendering an authentic performance. From accompaniment to solos, use Jazz Drums for swing and latin grooves, big band, bebop and ballads.
- Exclusive customized drum set: Snare, bass drum, hi-hat, 2 toms, ride and crash cymbal, recorded with close and room microphones at Vienna's famed Silent Stage.
- Great variety of playing techniques: Single strokes, flams, rim shots, ruffs, rolls, press rolls, stick on stick, cross-stick. All styles include various repetition patterns.
- Extensive brush set: Tip, tap, flat, flams, bouncing strokes, legato strokes and more.
- Different kinds of swishes: Normal, circles, 6/8, samba swishes.
- "Speed Control": Your playing speed is used as a controller to achieve realistic repetitive performances, essential for the sonic behavior of brush swishes and cymbals.
- Includes jazz MIDI grooves.
- Ready-made mixing environment in Vienna Ensemble, the free mixing and host software.
- Customized Vienna Suite settings for the entire set.
- GM drum set mapping included.
- 14 GB of sample data in 44.1kHz/24bit (uncompressed data size).