Xils-Lab has released version 2.0 of miniSyn'X, the multi-format plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows that emulates an Italian "polyphonic analog monster" synth of the '80s.
Here's what they say:
The golden Age of DCO and VCF
Like its ancestor, it combines punchy and clear DCOs (Digital Controlled Oscillators) with cutting analog multimode filters: the unique sound of an era.
Simple, Flexible, Powerful: Splits, Layers and Singles Patches. Gang Edit Mode, solo layers functions, etc. Inspiring to operate, easy to program, fun to play, and thoroughly automatable. Also included: an intelligent patch combinator/creator.
miniSyn'X uses the exclusive 0 Delay Feedback PWM algorithm developed by XILS-lab, that they say greatly improves the quality and perception of patches using PWM (Like the legendary Laser Harp sound).
- Two synth engines that can be combined in 3 modes (Double, Split, Single).
- Single Panel GUI for each Synthesizer engine.
- Up to 10 Oscillators per patch (Cumulative OSC technology, 2 x 5).
- Modelled DCO Oscillators, PWM for each waveform, New 0DF PWM Algorithm.
- Multimode analog Filter using 3rd gen 0DF Filter technology (up to 2 per patch).
- Modelled Ultra Fast Envelope Generators (up to 4 per patch).
- Smart Load TM exclusive technology to create new interesting sounds quickly.
- Gang Edit in Double and Split mode.
- All parameters automatable via MIDI Cc control including Sequencer parts).
- Three mode BBD Analog Chorus Unit.
- Serial Protected.
Introductory offer: Until April 17th 2015 miniSyn'X is 45€ instead of 54€ (around $49 instead of $65).
Note: miniSyn'X is protected with a simple serial number.