|Type / Tags||Multi Effect|
Windows 7 or higher
OS X 10.7 or higher
Amalgame is a multi-effect plugin that aims to streamline the creation of complex signal processing chains. Offering an intuitive workflow with all the functions easily accessible and logically laid out, Amalgame makes mutating sounds beyond recognition a breeze.
Amalgame provides a library of 23 effects ranging from bread and butter filters and delays to more esoteric and glitchy processors, which are always accessible and ready to be dropped on 6 XY pads where their key parameters are mapped to each axis.
The X and Y parameters of each pad can be sequenced from within the plugin with independent rate and length for each sequence giving you the opportunity to create insanely complex modulations in a few clicks.
And for an instant creativity boost, a versatile randomizer lets you alter the parameters, sequences and effect selections of any slot, or even regenerate the whole processing chain at the press of a button.
- 23 audio processors that can be assigned to 6 effect slots.
- Pan/Amp processor.
- Peak and Notch EQ filters.
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and Screamo lowpass analog style filters.
- Ping-Pong Delay, Metalizer, Bot Delay (glitch pitch-shifting delay) and Reverb.
- Chorus/Flange, Phase Shifter, Ring-Modulator and Formant Filter.
- Saturator, Foldover Distortion, Ring Trasher (foldover distortion with phase distortion ring-modulator) and Bitcrusher.
- Pitch-Shifter, Drilla (glitch stutter), Transient isolator and Spectre (filter and delay bank).
- Automatable XY Pads with buitl-in MIDI mapping.
- X and Y parameters internal sequences for each effect slot with sequence bypass switch.
- Sample accurate host position sync.
- Sequences of variable length (2 to 16 steps) and rate (from 1 bar per step to 1/16 per step).
- 3 Sequence Direction Modes: forward, backward and random.
- Individual sequence randomization.
- Assign an effect to a slot by drag and drop.
- Individual slot bypass.
- Reorder effect slots by drag and drop.
- Slot effect type available for automation.
- Randomizer with subgroups (XY parameters, Effect selection, Sequences, All) and target slots selection.
- Global Parameters: Input amplitude, Output amplitude and Dry-Wet Mix.
- Cross-Platform Presets.
- MIDI Program Change Support.
- Ability to save a custom startup patch.
- 34 Factory Presets.
Reviewed By kingfear
November 9, 2018
Best multi effect for the price/features ratio. I originally bought it as something to use on a touch screen, as it seemed fairly live friendly. While it's not ideal, it does work better than 90% of plugins. It has a demo, so I'd recommend you try it before you buy if that's your intended usage.
However, upon more usage I've found this to be a great sound mangler/transformer. You want to really transform that pad/drone/whatever into something completely different? Here you are. The plugin has 23 effects and a "thru" that you can insert in the chain. Each effect has an XY pad (that an be automated), and separate sequencer for both X and Y axis (which combine with the automation semi-gracefully). The sequencer is from 1 up to 16 steps with variable speed. So polyrythmic modulations are not only possible but really easy.
As is obvious, with 23 effects there's more than one effect that is not especially shiny (depending on taste, of course). But conversely they're all good quality and can fit almost any need.
All in all, I would rate this plugin firmly as "very useful". I don't personally find it very exciting, but considering that I use it almost everywhere I find it hard to criticize this plugin in any meaningful way.Read more