Array is an effect for spectral animation. It filters the incoming audio into eight separate bands and allows you to individually pass or mute them in a rhythmical fashion, essentially working as a gate sequencer in the frequency domain. With macro controls for multiple parameters, Array is a quick yet capable tool for all kinds of spectral effects – morphed, stepped, strobed or glitched.
Array displays a live audio waveform on each filter band and allows to operate on it directly, giving you a true "what you see is what you get" workflow. Every element in its user interface is color-coded and features subtle animations, bringing unusual ease of use and interactivity. Plus, all this goodness is rendered right on your Mac's graphics adapter meaning fast response and no extra load on the main processor, regardless of how new or old your system is.
– Sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable duration, division and swing ratio.
– Eight -24 dB/octave filters each with its own output gate sequence.
– Eight parameter snapshots within each preset, available for realtime switching and automation.
– Host transport synchronization with support for tempo and time signature changes.
– Live audio waveforms and fluid sequencer graphics visually matched to them.
– Support for multi-touch gestures and force touch on compatible trackpad devices.
– Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
– Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
– Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64-bit Intel Macs.