|Type / Tags||Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
B-station 2 is a simple but powerful bass plugin.
- 3 oscillators: Every oscillator has a fine tune, octave, pw, volume and 5 different waveforms.
- Mod oscillator for Pulse width and for phase modulation.
- 4 filters types: Low-pass / band-pass / hi-pass / 4-pole. The filter has an envelope ADSRLT, 12 curves and a BPM LFO.
- Modulation Envelope for pitch and Pulse width.
- Vibrato, Bitcrusher, Drive, Low- / Hi-boost.
- Velocity filter and volume on / off.
- Glide / Retrigger and a master volume.
Reviewed By CoreTrooper
October 22, 2003
The synth has wonderfull oscillators, 3 to be exact each with saw and pulse wavforms, and pwm for all three, the sound is analog but also has a digital sound coming through as well which may sound bad but its what makes the synth unique imo.
the filter on this baby is fantastic, the resonance can go very high without distortion for those 303 style basslines, and at certain settings sounds like a dr who theme synth sound.
the typical adsr is replaced by the signiture odo boom settings, they are very good for that old analog bass synth style but attack is not present on this thing so rising pads are hard to do but this synth was made for bass and screaming acid lines....
....which brings me to the highlite of this synth the fantastic built in distortion...most synths (espeically se synths) have soft distortions that don't do much in terms of raw sound mangling, but this distortion cranks out the style to change a simple basssound into a screaming lead line.
the lfo section is fantastic as well somehow always syned with my music, the slide is fantastic and very 303 like.
all in all I call on this synth for high resonance sounds, distorted acid lines and stabs, a pretty cool trancy sound thats not your typical detuned saw, and subby to loud basshits.
Great Job Odo 2 thumbs up :)Read more