Cantabile 3 is a complete, ground-up rebuild of the entire product and incorporates feedback from hundreds of musicians making it the best Cantabile yet. Everything from the audio engine to the user-interface and everything in between has been re-imagined, re-designed and re-engineered.
Cantabile is a powerful host for virtual instruments and effects with an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live performance situations:
- Play: Play VST instruments and process audio effects in real-time. Plug-ins can be connected in series to form racks and multiple racks can be run concurrently with each delivering a different sound or instrument. Racks can also be connected together to apply common effects to multiple instruments.
- Perform: For live performance, Cantabile's song state and pre-loaded set list support can be used to instantly switch songs. Most settings can be controlled remotely using MIDI bindings and everything can be kept in sync with MIDI clock support.
- Record: Cantabile's audio and MIDI recorders can be used for automatic or manual recording.
Cantabile is available in three editions:
- Cantabile Lite: A free, simple to use, yet high performance host designed for use as a quick VST scratch pad, or for users just getting started.
- Cantabile Solo: Intended for home hobbyists and casual users who need a more flexibility. Audio and MIDI file players, recording, set lists, advanced MIDI routing, MIDI filters, embedded racks, MIDI bindings (control just about everything from MIDI control surface).
- Cantabile Performer: Designed specifically with live performance in mind, Performer adds features like "Live Mode" with large status indicators, super fast song switching, linked racks for sharing instruments across songs, lots more...
Cantabile Performer Features: (Cantabile Solo and Cantabile Lite are a subset of this):
- Low-latency real-time performance.
- Flexible audio and MIDI routing.
- Fast switching between configurations with song and rack states and pre-loaded set lists no waiting for plug-ins to load mid-performance.
- Individually triggerable audio and MIDI clips.
- Control of all important settings (including VST parameters) from your MIDI control surface (or device).
- Automatic and manual audio and MIDI recording.
- Easy management an entire performance with set lists.
- Send MIDI configuration to external devices on song load with triggers.
- MIDI clock synchronization (send and receive).
- Easy configuration of keyboard splits.
- Multi-channel audio support.
- Built-in metronome.
- Multi-core CPU support.
- On-screen keyboard and controllers.
- Supports VST effects, instruments and MIDI plug-ins.
- Support for 64-bit audio.
- Touch screen and hi-res screen ready.
- Fully scalable user-interface.
- x86 and x64 versions available.