Comp87 MB is a multi-band compressor plug-in. In MB version of Comp87, the input signal is divided into 3 bands (Low, Mid and High) and each band is being processed separately. At the end these bands come together as a single signal and go through the 4th compressor. In addition to compressor there are saturation and stereo separation controls.
The goal of developing Comp87 was to design a compressor which is smart, fast and easy to use. Two main knobs (Compress and Ratio) control and adjust multiple internal parameters to shield the user from unnecessary tweaks to threshold, curve, gain, makeup, attack and release. Although most controls are included to keep the flexibility.
Two frequency separators in MB version which are called Low-Mid (LMF) and Mid-High (MHF), control the frequencies in which the signal is being split in 3. Each band has its own set of controls like ratio, compression, saturation, ON/OFF, Solo/Mute and etc.
Multi-Band compression is an essential part of modern mixing and mastering process and Comp87 MB could be a useful tool for this job.
Changes in Version 2.0.3 (9/9/2018):
- Added AAX plugin format (still beta).
- Improved preset manager with new features. Including new options like copy, paste, init, etc.
- Added undo manager.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Changed protection system.
Changes in Version 2.0.2:
- Fixed: File saving/loading bugs.
- Fixed: AU meta parameter handling bug.
- Fixed: Few GUI bugs.
- Upgraded to latest VST SDK.
- New price: $39.
Changes in Version 2.0.1:
Fixed a bug that caused a plug-in fail on some windows hosts.
Changes in Version 2.0.0:
- Re-coded and optimized in C++.
- 64-bit support.
- VST3 Support.
- MAC OS X VST, VST3 and AU support.
- New preset system.
- GUI update.
Changes in Version 1.0.1:
- Optimized and CPU usage is improved a bit (About 2-3 % less CPU usage).