Compadre is a dynamics processor with an attitude and a unique sound. It is designed specifically for use on beats, drum loops, and other percussive material. Use it for subtle enhancements or heavy duty compression. While Compadre has been designed with drums in mind, its range of flexibility allows it to also deliver good and often unique performances on many other types of tracks; such as for example bass tracks.
Besides full full control over the sidechain with both external input and sidechain filtering, Compadre offers a range of features you will rarely find on other compressors whether software or hardware. The "Shaper" mode offers a more experimental mode of compression allowing effects ranging from transient shaping to wild and funky gated-sounding compression. Other unique features are host tempo-sync perfect for rhythmic compression, wet/dry mix for parallel compression and low-level controls to tweak the compressor response.
- Feed forward RMS compressor with high quality characteristics.
- True stereo sidechain. (4 channel input; 1+2=audio, 3+4=Sidechain).
- High & low pass filters on the sidechain allowing frequency dependant compression.
- Further 9 filter models featuring presets with key frequencies for drum mixing.
- Optional BPM tempo-synced release.
- Unique and wild "Shaper" mode with choice between 7 attack/release curves.
- Choice between "Punch" & "Flatten" compression modes for extra flexibility.
- Adjustable low-level controls to fine tune the compression characteristics ("Snap", "Linearity" & "Envelope").
- Dry/wet mix control allowing easy "parallel compression".
- Optional extra "Crunch" by enabling a built-in second compressor on the output stage.
- Optional limiter on output.
- Zero latency.
- 80 categorized presets included.