|Product||Sonoris Mastering Compressor (SMCP)|
|Developer||Sonoris Audio Engineering|
|Type / Tags||Dynamics (Compressor / Limiter)Mastering|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
The Sonoris Mastering Compressor (SMCP) is a wideband mastering compressor. It is an ultra clean compressor suitable for delicate material. No odd harmonic distortion that can be found in most compressors is present in the SMCP. To reduce residual artifacts the SMCP features upsampling of the audio up to 8 times. Transparency can be further enhanced by selecting auto-release and feedback detection together with two soft knees.
If a more aggressive behaviour is needed you can for example choose feed-forward detection with a harder knee. It can have some "character" if pushed. If needed, the audio can be warmed up with even harmonics with the flip of a switch.
Besides working on a full mix, the SMCP can also work in split mode on the individual L, R, M or S channels or anything in between, with the variable link. The sidechain for each channel has a selectable high-pass, band-pass and low-pass filter. This gives great flexibility and allows for creative enhancement of the audio.
- Ultra clean wideband mastering compressor.
- Ratio ranging from 1:1 to infinity for compression and limiting.
- Attack ranging from 0 msec to 1 sec.
- Selectable auto-attack.
- Release ranging from 1 msec to 5 sec.
- Selectable auto-release ranging from 0.5 sec. to 5 sec. program dependent.
- Threshold ranging from –60 dBfs to 0 dBfs.
- Very flexible knee setting from hard to soft in 100 steps.
- A second knee that enables the compressor to adjust the ratio back to 1:1 above the threshold,.
- also adjustable in 100 steps from hard to soft knee.
- Feedback and feed-forward detector types.
- Selectable high-pass, band-pass and low-pass sidechain filters.
- 4 processing modes:
- Mix Linked: sidechains linked with the RMS mix of the left and right channels.
- Highest Link: sidechains linked with the highest value of the left and right channel.
- Variable: sidechain linking is adjustable from fully linked to fully split.
- MS Split: sidechain signals split with the mid and side channels.
- Make up gain ranging from – 18 dB to + 18 dB.
- 2x, 4x, 8x or auto upsampling for even less artifacts.
- Selectable gentle even harmonic distortion on the output.
- Input can be added to the output with a parallel fader.
- Mousewheel support.
- A/B comparison.
- Large graphical display with draggable handles for maximum control.
- Scalable user interface.
- Gain transfer plot.
- High resolution gain reduction meter.
- High resolution level meter with resettable peak indicator.
- Full automation possible.
- Mousewheel support.
- Settings can be saved and loaded.
- 64 bit resolution.
- Windows VST (32 / x64) and RTAS compatible.
- Mac OS Universal Binary VST, AU and RTAS compatible.
- Installer / uninstaller.