|Type / Tags||Ring ModulationDistortionRing Modulator|
Vista and later
macOS 10.7 and later
Corrosion is an audio effect brought to you by the collaboration between The Buildzer and HoRNet Plugins.
The idea behind the plugin is to give you something that can create distorted, corroded sounds. Something that you can use to add grit to smooth basses or synth sounds, but it's also fun to use on drum loops to enhance snare drums or to create "thumpy" and "noisy" kick sounds.
Corrosion is based on a very simple processing that gives amazing results: take a synthesized source, filter it and use it to modulate the input sound. This process creates what's called "intermodulation distortion". Modulating one signal with another creates many harmonics that enrich the original sound and, if the modulator and the carrier are not in tune, create dissonant metallic distortion.
We have chosen a resonant filter that allows you to "tune" the modulator on a specific frequency to give you the chance to create harmonic resonation with your original sound, and if your sound varies, you can enable the "track pitch" feature that tunes the filter or the modulator to the fundamental frequency of your sound and follows any pitch variation.
Corrosion's audio path also features analog saturation, if you drive it hard you can hear it distort your signal like a transistor would do, try it with a drum loop, you'll be amazed at how fat you can make it using saturation and modulation together.
To make the plugin even more fun you can also use an external audio input as modulator source, not just a synthesized one, take one audio track and use it to modulate another one.
- Intermodulation distortion.
- Modulator sources: noise, stereo noise, sine, saw, square wave, external input.
- Resonant low pass, band pass and high pass filters for the modulator.
- Analog saturation across the signal path.
- "Track pitch" feature that automatically tunes the filter.
- Input, output and bypass controls.
- X, Y trackpad to allow easy filter manipulation.
- macOS (10.7 and later) and Windows (Vista an later) support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.