Cubasis 3, the music production app that lets musicians and producers create music anywhere they go.
Gravitating toward its desktop equivalent, Cubasis provides the same look and feel as Steinberg's Cubase music software, and sports similar tools to perform, mix and share music productions, including many effects, hundreds of instrument sounds and third-party plug-in compatibility with Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
Previous versions of Cubasis only ran on the iPad, but with its third version, Cubasis has evolved into a full-fledged DAW now offering universal app support for both iPad and iPhone. This means that the app's extensive feature set can now be used on a smaller screen without restricting usability.
Cubasis 3 is more performant than ever before, offering new features and enhancements that let users get results quickly and easily. Group Tracks is one of many highlights that Cubasis has to offer. It combines multiple tracks so that they can be processed and mixed as though they were a single track — a special capability that is extremely useful when using the app on the limited real estate of an iPhone's screen.
The mixer in Cubasis 3 has been revamped, now taking advantage of the entire display. It includes useful zoom modes and an eminently accurate level metering for as many tracks as are needed.
Also new in Cubasis 3 are the eight rearrangeable insert and send effects. Users can add up to eight insert and eight send effects from the many already included in Cubasis or can choose to use third-party effects via Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3. The insert effects can now be placed before or after the fader.
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks.
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs.
- 32-bit floating-point audio engine.
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane's élastique 3.
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets.
- MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds.
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments).
- Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors.
- Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in.
- Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops.
- Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat.
- Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support.
- MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently.
- MIDI auto quantize.
- Track duplicate.
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support.
- Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported.
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support.
- Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
- Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste.
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support.
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email.