No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
- 3 Oscillators each with Pitch, Tune, and PW. Plus, a noise Generator.
- 12 MB of extra external waveforms (WAV files).
- Reads Custom WAV files. 16 bits, 44.1khz, mono.
- 24db (4 Pole) Resonant Filter with "Automatic Gain Reduction" Extra HighPass 1-pole filter on the output.
- 2 ADSR Envelopes with Velocity control. (Dynamics) - ENV2 can be attached to Filter Cut and Resonance.
- Digital Delay with Modulation (max of 1 second).
- Double Chorus.
- Digital Display, that shows the value of each parameter at one time.
- 2 LFOs, one just for PW control. The other for Pitch/Filter with Delay. Both can be Synced to master MIDI Clock.
- Up to 16 voices.
- All Samplerates supported.
- True Mono-Legato mode with Glide.
- Complete manual in HTML format included with both Full and Demo versions.
- Support for SSE, MMX and P4 instructions.
- Global FX On/Off
- AutoGlide On/Off - When On Glide only happens when you hold a note and play others.
- "Defaults" option. Saves a few parameters on the Windows-Reg. So every time you plug a new synth, comes with the default values. Saves: VolumeType, GliderAuto, GlobalFX, NVoices, Pitch Bend, Sound Quality.
- 128 Presets + Random preset generator with 3 types of generation: Bass, Pad, Phat, FX.
- Sound Quality selector, for saving CPU usage.
- MIDI-CC Learning option.
- Low CPU usage with advanced voice allocation.
Reviewed By lucille
August 7, 2004
presets bought up so many unusual and inspierd timbres.
It is also very easy to tweak the presets in a wonderful
compact (hello rgc...)gui. A VST bargain. good cpu usage.
Try the demo.Read more
Reviewed By daverich
July 1, 2004
I can hear the alaising noise a mile off and in fact I've not used the synth for ages - just had to pipe up when I was all these reviews saying how nice it sounds.
It sounds very digital, and definately not smooth - The FreeAlpha is like silk compared to DaAlpha2k.Read more
Reviewed By Rabid
December 9, 2003
Reviewed By VanLichten
August 25, 2003
sounds like it looks: lush and great yet somehow decent.
The GUI is very nice and clear, the sound isn´t comparable with anything i´ve heard yet, it isn´t very sharp-edged, more misty, nebelous but still very powerfull.
Features - with extra wav-import for all three oscillators this is quite a powerfull synth but it´s focal points are basses, pads, percussive sounds and fx. Great and really usable ist the random sound generator; fx are good also.
The manual and generally the presentation (website) of Dash could be nicer (with sound design examples and PDF-Manuals), though - DashSynthesis sell here under worth, i feel.
The Support is very good as are Presets, with two banks of inspiring sounds (Check PPG Bass, Enigma or Sommer Voices).
In sum, this a very useful and musical synth which grows with every usage and it´s very affordable- give the demo a listen.Read more
Reviewed By geeseaplenty
May 25, 2003
It's reall easy to niggle around with and come up with some engaging presets. I'm no programming whiz myself, but still I managed to come up with ten useful and interesting sounds within an hour's of playing with it. It's that good! Also, the external wave load feature sounds tre cool, even though I've never loaded my own custom waves. I've just used the new ones that they've supplied. I turned the flute wave into my own mellotron patch and A/B'd with the M-Tron sound on Gmedia's website. Let's put it this way: I WAS gonna shell out $50 bucks for the M-Tron before I created this patch. 'Nuff said.
The GUI is small and extremely attractive. I hate clutter. Clutter makes me bleary-eyed. Out of all the VST's I own, this synth is probably the easiest on the eyes.
Customer support rules. In fact, I bought daAlfa2k on the day of the 2.0 release. They could have easily
charge me the 2.0 price. However they recognized that I came in right "under the wire" and charged me the previous version's price. I hear they're real swift with updates, too.
And much praise for the basic FX section, as fussing with another delay and chorus plug-in is always very time consuming. Nice to have these very quality sounding units tacked on. Well done Dash!Read more