Dexed is a multi platform, multi format plugin synth that is closely modeled on the Yamaha DX7. Under the hood it uses music-synthesizer-for-android for the synth engine.
The goal of this project is to be a tool/companion for the original DX7. Sound engine with 'float' value parameters, different waveform à la TX81z would be great but anything that goes beyond the DX7 should and will be a fork of this project. This is to keep the compatibility with the original machine.
Dexed is licensed on the GPL v3.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format (VST, AU, LV2).
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modeled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and SysEx manager.
- Each operator have a realtime VU meter to know which one is active.
- Can load/save any DX7/TX7 SysEx programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different SysEx file.
- Standalone application version of Dexed.
- Midi learn support for MIDI CC messages.
- More accurate detune for operators.
- More accurate EG envelopes. thanks @jeremybernstein
- Pitchbend now listen to any channels.
- Fixed 'clicking' in mono mode.
- Fixed implementation for MIDI CC 0x78 and 0x7B (All Sound Off / All Notes Off).
- Windows/macOS installers.
- Preliminary live operator level update.
- Support for incoming parameter change messages.
- More permissive on cartridge sysex type; the validation is now done on size (4104/4096 bytes).
- Midi 'All Note Off; 0x7B' support.
- Breakpoint values are now shown as notes. thanks @tico-tico.
- Fixed op feedback calibrated for Mark I engine.
- Fixed for breakpoint levels. thanks @Sentinel77.
- Fixed LFO delay issue issues upon large values.
- Fixed for receiving sysex cartridge. thanks @Sentinel77.
- Fixed operator switch changes are now sent via sysex.
- Mark I engine is now the default engine.
- Added operator mute switch.
- Added Tune (MASTER TUNE ADJ) knob.
- Correct feedback implementation for Algo 4 and 6.
- Single click program select.
- Fix SysEx issue with wrong machine ID.
- Fix for parameter hosts values.
- Mark I engine now uses 10-bit sine/exp tables. Still a work in progress but we are getting there.
- More accurate FM feedback on the Mark I and OPL Series engine.
- Wheel, Foot, Breath, Aftertouch modulation support.
- Fixed the display of some more 'complex' algorithms.
- Drop of .syx files in the cartridge manager.
- Dexed data directory can now optionally reside in the same location where the binary is installed.
- 'Send current program to DX7' in Cartridge Manager works as designed.
- Support for SysEx streams (multiple SysEx messages in one .syx file).