Dipole by Sinevibes is a through-zero flanger effect. It employs two separate playback timelines for input audio, one of them being able to run earlier or later in time in relation to another - plus a trick feedback loop. And the actual magic happens when you adjust this time difference and go through the zero point. With positive feedback, Dipole produces that coveted spectral "swoosh" effect of a jet plane fly-by; and with negative feedback the output warps and eventually cancels itself out. In the old days, such effects were created "offline" using two tape machines - but now Dipole lets you have those charismatic sounds inside your DAW, and with much higher fidelity.
Dipole has an intuitive user interface wholly built with color-coded graphics and subtle animations. Together with carefully tuned parameters, this highly musical effect also gives you an enjoyable and inspiring user experience.
- Stereo flanger with bipolar feedback and through-zero time capability.
- Low-frequency modulation generator with sine, triangle and trapezoid waveforms.
- Stereo modulation phase shift for variable stereo field widening.
- Color-coded controls with lightly animated transitions.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64-bit Intel Macs.