|Type / Tags||DistortionWaveshaper|
Windows 10 - 64-bit
macOS 10.14 - 64-bit
Distortion is a distortion effect plug-in based on a graphical interface. You can draw the distortion function that shapes the nature of the distortion.
- 4x oversampling to reduce aliasing created by the non-linear function.
- 5 movable dots to shape the distortion function.
- Drive knob to choose the amount of distortion.
- Output gain knob to compensate for any gain increase due to the drive or the distortion function.
- Output low-pass filter knob to reduce any harsh high-frequency.
- Mono/stereo input to mono/dual-mono (not stereo) output.
For questions, ideas, issues, you can contact me at email@example.com.
Reviewed By rcrath
October 5, 2018
Here is a video walkthrough for guitarists, "Five Minutes with Distortion by Mathieu Carre."
* WaveShaper CM by CableGuys
(free with Subscription).
* MWaveShaper from Melda
(free with a nag).
* iZotope Trash ($$$).
For those of you who took (very) basic calculus, the X-axis is volume and the Y axis is f(x).
Raising the Y-Axis on the left makes quiet parts loud, and on the right, lowering it makesloud parts quiet.
1. Lots of room on the GUI. Add a wet dry knob for those who need an insert effect.
2. LP filter seems to be on a linear scale. Log would be more usable. Q would be nice too as filter seems to be a pretty low Q as is.Read more
Reviewed By Philippe91000
September 23, 2018
I've tested the software on Windows 10 with Reaper 64-bits. It 's a great distortion plugin, very simple to use and very effective. I like to be able to make non symetric response curve. This would be impossible to do with my analogic distortion pedalI've tested the software on Windows 10 with Reaper 64-bits. It 's a great distortion plugin, very simple to use and very effective. I like to be able to make non symetric response curve. This would be impossible to do with my analogic distortion pedal.Read more
Reviewed By XavierFav
September 4, 2018
This plugin applies distotion to an audio signal. It allows to change the non linearity curve by moving some points.
Thus it provides a nice way to create different types of distortions.
Moreover, it also allows to understand a bit more concepts behind distortion.
It would be nice to be able to automate the curve points.
From Ableton Live 10 on Windows, I could only automate in/out gains and cutoff.
Very nice.Read more