Free with CM
|Type / Tags||Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
Programmed from the ground up to CM's own specifications, Dominator takes the venerable sound of classic analogue synths and beefs it up with modern routing, modulation and waveshaping options.
- Three oscillators per voice with a choice of six waveforms (Saw, Pulse, Sine, Triangle, Sync Saw, Sync Pulse).
- Pulse width modulation per voice and coarse (4 octave range) and fine tuning adjustments.
- Dedicated LFO to control vibrato depth and pulse width modulation.
- Glide time setting and mod wheel vibrato depth control.
- Analog control for adding fat analogue-style detuning.
- Four voice modes (monophonic, polyphonic, unison and chord mode).
- Unison with 2, 6 or 12 voices.
- Chord mode with 5 user-definable intervals (plus root note) for building up complex chords to be triggered from a single key.
- 6 play modes for mono/unison/chord, for controlling when glide should be applied and when envelopes should be reset.
- Smart mode for handling successive presses of the same key, or Reset mode, where all envelopes and oscillators are reset for each note, for a punchier sound.
- Independent levels for each oscillator.
- Noise and ring modulation (between oscillators B and C) can also be mixed in.
- An external input signal can be mixed in on the VST effect version (this is mixed into each voice).
- Classic ADSR envelope with velocity sensitivity.
- Optional 'Warm' VCA mode gives a non-linear analogue-style response.
- Chorus modeled on the classic Roland Juno chorus, with depth and rate controls.
- Two fat multimode Moog-style filters per voice, with 5 filter types (lowpass 12/24dB, bandpass 12/24dB and highpass 12dB).
- Filters can be overdriven and can be made to self-oscillate, just like true analogue filters.
- Keytrack, velocity and filter envelope can all be used to modulate the cutoff frequency.
- Optional 'Warm' mode drives filter harder to add more oomph and body.
- The classic ADSR envelope for modulating cutoff of the filters.
- Optional waveshaper per voice with five different modes and drive control (goes up to 11).
- Transistor, diode, hard clip, sine and rectifier shaping modes.
- Waveshaper and the two filters can be configured in five different arrangements, including serial and parallel configurations, for flexibility.
- LFO with sine, triangle, square, positive-only square, sample and hold and noise shapes.
- Can modulate amplitude, oscillator pitch B, oscillator pitch C, filter A and filter B.
- ADSR envelope to modulate filter B, pulse width modulation, vibrato depth, oscillator pitch B, oscillator pitch C and noise level.