|Product||DX100 From Mars|
|Developer||Samples From Mars|
|Type / Tags||DX100Kontakt InstrumentSynth (FM)Vintage InstrumentsYamaha|
|EXS24 SamplerKontaktLiveLogic Pro|
|Ableton Live PackEXS24Kontakt 5Sampler (Live)Simpler (Live)WAVWAV 24-Bit|
The DX100 From Mars samples the Yamaha DX100, a miniature FM synth from the mid-1980s. The DX100 has a similar sound to the Yamaha DX7, but its DAC can be overdriven. It was used in early Detroit techno (specifically the Solid Bass patch), Roger Troutman's talkbox (the Hard Brass patch), and more.
The DX100 is an FM synthesizer, so it can create sounds that subtractive synthesizers can't. Some applications include bass, FM rhodes patches, brass, metallic bells, clavinets, helicopters sound FX, bird chirping sound FX, and more.
Samples From Mars captured presets as well as our own custom patches--extending envelopes where necessary, and changing algorithms and modulations. Very little processing was applied to the samples--they were recorded through API and Neve preamps with no EQ or compression, although a few patches were saturated. Samples From Mars multi-sampled various frequencies of the carrier oscillator to create alternate harmonic structures and metallic overtones. As a result, for some patches, the tone changes as the velocity increases.
- 40 Multi-Sampled DX100 Instruments for Ableton, Kontakt, Logic & 24-bit WAV.
- Various bass, FM Rhodes, clavinet, harpischord, pan flute, horns, organ & more patches.
- FX and percussion patches including bird chirping, bells, helicopters, snare & more.
- Extensive multi-sampling of various FM synthesis parameters.
- Hand-trimmed samples.
- Includes both clean and tube-saturated recordings.
- 2.5 GB unzipped per format.
- If using Ableton: Ableton Live 9.5 (Not Intro).
- If using Kontakt: Kontakt 5 (Not Kontakt Player).
- If using Logic: Logic 9+.
- If using WAV samples: 24-bit WAV Compatible DAW or Sampler.
- 2.5 GB Free Space Per Format.