As its name suggests, EQuality is an EQ plug-in. It is not a model of a specific piece of hardware - it's more ambitious than that. EQuality aims to be a great replacement for all your EQs. From the top-down, it's designed to allow you to make it work the way you want it to.
DMG Audio says that "from the bottom up, EQuality sounds as good as an EQ can sound. By that, I mean the prototypes are as close to the consistent analogue shapes as can be achieved digitally, without spending extra CPU. When you want to spend extra CPU to close the deal, you can do that too, but so far not many people have reported finding occasions where the difference is perceptible.".
- New technology for generating EQ coefficients that gets you an undistorted, clear analogue-matched top-end.
- Linear phase processing.
- Analogue phase-matched processing.
- Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50.
- Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve.
- Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36 db/octave, sweepable resonance.
- Extra hi-pass, so you can remove rumble on every channel without spending a band on it.
- M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image.
- Adjustable gain-q interaction for 'musical' usage.
- Three different UI modes, to suit your taste.
- Range control, to allow you to scale the gain of the EQ response with one control, both positively and negatively.
- Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response.
- Large, configurable spectrum-analyser with readout.
- Configurable VU, supporting K-metering and variable ballistics.
- 8 banks of A/B.
- Full preset management system.
- Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies.
- Flat button on UI for rapid reset.
- Clip LED.