Extreme Sample Converter is a multifunctional audio program, browser, player, and program editor with advanced conversion between different sample formats.
Dual View: You can split converter into two functional windows, allowing you to easily work on two monitors.
External Audio Editor Support: Send samples to an external audio editor and convert them into another format. ESC takes all changes from audio editor (trimming, resampling, filtering, etc.) and then allows you to save these new samples into the destination format.
X-fade Perfect Looping: Set accurate and perfect looping in sample material. Stereo samples can be tuned together so you can set a different loop in the left and right channel and then use XFade.
- Editing of the loop is possible separately for the left and right channel. Not all formats accept this kind of loop editing. e.g. SampleTank and, in general, GigaSampler/Studio don't accept these loops.
- Loops can be shown in sizes above 1:1, making it easy to analyze and locate the best point for starting and ending of the loop, and finding the best phase.
Real-time auditioning via MIDI keyboard: Listen and play sounds before you make a final conversion by using the DirectX Synthesizer. It's also possible to hear result after patch editing in the QEdit tool.
Parameter Editor - QEditor:
- Edit many parameters: AHDSR envelopes, Filters, LFOs, etc.
- The editor checks for the proper range of parameters to ensure compatibility with specific formats.
- Edit parameter (e.g. Filter, CutOff) for selected parts of the keyboard, and of chosen dynamic ranges without having to arduously toy with layers and zones.
- Allows copies to be made of media like ZIP, MO or CD to one image file on the disk as well as reproducing the data from one media to another.
- Hardware sampler users can make copies of ZIP or MO on CD. The CDs can then be used instead of slower ZIP or MO drives.
- Supported image formats are Nero, ISO, BIN, IMG.
Converting and reading sounds (Files) in different formats:
- Close attention was given to the most important parameters of the program having effect on the final sound. There are different type envelope curves, filters and complex modulators.
- Special attention was given to the method of transfer from dimensions of GigaSampler into SoundFont layers and vice versa.
Program structure browser and viewer:
- The most important information about the sample structure (i.e. layers, zones, etc.) and its components are presented in a clear manner.
- If you look through programs on an Akai CD, you can see how these parameters looked originally.
- The program reads only those parts of data which are required to be seen. It's a very fast method for browsing very large banks of GM or Akai data.
Sound files browser:
- Supports the basic audio formats (WAV / AIFF), plus compressed Ogg Vorbis files.
- Audio file is kept in RAM. The playback of these file, as well as visualization, is done without disturbance from the disk system.
- Search for files in any directory, disk or CD; nested directories on the disk can be scanned.
- Batch conversion is possible, finding all files on your disk, mark them all, or select and convert them into another format.
An overview of the sample formats supported can be found here.