Fragment is a collaborative cross-platform audiovisual live coding environment with pixels based real-time "image-synth" approach to sound synthesis, the sound synthesis is powered by pixels data produced on the graphics card by live GLSL code, everything is based on pixels.
Fragment is able to produce high-quality fast additive and granular synthesis simultaneously with re-synthesis support, it has many features making it a bliss to produce any kind of sounds or visuals and is aimed at artists seeking a creative environment with few limitations to experiment with, a programmable noise-of-all-kinds machine.
Fragment ship with:
- Powerful asynchronous/synchronous granular and additive/spectral synthesis engine.
- Additional subtractive/Phase Modulation synthesis.
- Complete audio/visuals live coding environment with JIT compilation of shader code.
- Real-time, collaborative app.
- Distributed sound synthesis, multi-machines/multi-core support.
- Stereophonic or Monaural.
- Polyphonic (determined by GPU capabilities).
- 32-bits pixels data real-time capture (WebGL 2 only).
- Adjustable audio output channel per slices.
- Shader inputs (webcam, images, videos with audio analysis, audio files analysis, drawing over textures...).
- OSC IN/OUT.
- Spectral recording feature of live performances with blend modes, export as PNG and import back feature, export as WAV file (additive only).
- MIDI IN support with hot plugging of MIDI devices.
- MIDI Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression support (MPE).
- Sessions based collaborative features without authentications, collaborate with your friends easily.
- Complete documentation.
- One of the most powerful real-time image-synth approach on the market.
- And more...
Fragment optional independent synthesis program support 32-bit float signal path, band-limited noise, granular synthesis, real-time scheduling for ALSA driver under Linux, multiple outputs, the sampling rate is only limited by your drivers.
Fragment require a web browser with full support of ECMAScript 5, CSS3, WebAudio and WebGL (2 recommended), a dual core CPU with high clock speed is recommended.
Fragment require a good medium-end GPU, it was developed with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU.