HoRNet Dynamics Control is a processor created to help you have full control on the dynamic range of your sounds.
Thanks to the three different compressors it provides, you can limit the difference between the loudest and the softer parts effectively limiting the dynamic range.
The plugin is made of three compressors with different characteristics, the first is a regular compressor used to limit the loudest parts, it has a soft knee and a smooth response. The second one is based on the CompExp algorithm and and changes the gain level trying to "squeeze" the signal around the chosen threshold level, the third one is an "upward" compressor that differs from a regular compressor because if the level falls below the set threshold the signal is amplified instead of being reduced.
The combined action of this three compressor helps you reduce the dynamic range: first smooth out peaks with the "top" compressor, then lift up the softer parts with the "bottom" compressor and finally reduce the general dynamic range with the "mid" compressor.
Of course attack and release times can be set fo the three compressors globally using the dedicated controls, we have also added our saturation algorithm that will allow you to reduce peaks even more acting like a soft clipper.
Gain reduction (or increase) is displayed using both the classic meter and a graphical transfer function view.
Sound quality is guaranteed by the internal oversampling that adapts to the sample rate of the host to always ensure the best quality.
The plugin has been designed as a sort of "broadcasting" processor so it shines on master buss, but can also help if you have very dynamic tracks (like a vocal one) that you want to make stand out, in this context it works very well for voice over production and podcasting.
- Soft knee compressor/limiter.
- Upward and downward compressor based on CompExp.
- Upward compression with soft knee.
- Threshold and ratio controls for each compressor.
- Attack and release controls.
- Variable saturation to cut small peaks and add character.
- Gain adjustment graphical display.
- Internal automatic oversampling.
- Mac OS X (>=10.6 Intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.