|Type / Tags||CompressorGuitar EffectGuitar FXGuitar PedalGuitar Pedal EmulationGuitar StompboxStomp BoxStompbox|
Windows Vista and later
macOS 10.7 and later
HoRNet HCS1 is the faithful recreation of a very famous guitar pedal effect that has been produced from mid seventies to mid eighties, it's designed to give more sustain to your guitar, and it does it acting like a compressor.
This specific compressor has a fixed threshold and it acts for signal that are both above and below that threshold, in fact if the input of the circuit is very low the internal volume gets boosted a lot, while if the signal is above threshold, it gets gradually decreased. This kind of action is very particular and differs from the classic compressor used in audio, the result is a very distinctive sound that works magically on guitar, but it's also very interesting on other sources (like keyboards or drums).
HoRNet HCS1 models every "analog" characteristic of the plugin including the saturation and the hiss, both of this option can be disabled.
Since the circuit uses some frequency pre-emphasis and de-emphasis to reduce noise, we also modelled a popular modification that removes the de-emphasis filter making the plugin brighter.
We also added a handy Dry/Wet knob so you can use it to dose the effect with more precision and create parallel compression.
- Faithful recreation of the hardware compressor behaviour.
- Controls for "attack", "sustain" and "level".
- Option to enable "bright" modification to original circuit.
- Analog emulation with saturation and hiss.
- Saturation and hiss can be optionally disabled.
- Dry/Wet knob to create parallel compression.
- Internal 4x oversampling.
- Mac OS X (>=10.7) and Windows (Vista and later) support.
- 32 and 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.