Free / $39.95 $
|Type / Tags|
Windows 7 or newer with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
OS X 10.8 or later, and an Intel processor. An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
|Copy Protection||Key File|
Limited-Z is a specialized and easy-to-use limiter, based on the foundation of being a capable look-ahead brickwall limiter suitable for final mixing or mastering. Limited-Z dynamically combines several unique limiting algorithms to provide transparent limiting on all audio sources. Limited-Z is capable of substantial levels of limiting without inadvertently creating excessive amounts of audible distortion.
Limited-Z is based on LVC-Audio's full-featured mastering limiter, Limited-MAX. It includes many of the underlying limiting processing engines, while simplifying the user interface. This includes a special customized variable clipping algorithm based on LVC-Audio's ClipShifter. The result is a mastering limiter that is both configurable and useful, without a significant learning curve. Internally, Limited-Z includes attack and release controls, look-ahead, stereo linking, program-dependent release timing, dynamic EQ, and DC filtering; however, these internal settings are packaged into several unique limiter modes.
Although Limited-Z is a designed to be easy to use, it includes many features. This includes a resizable interface; output meter including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness metering; intersample peak (ISP) monitoring and ISP protection; waveform history display with RMS; spectrum analyzer view; configurable and recallable color display options; AutoGain control (for auditioning the sound of the limiter without volume changes); undo/redo history; and A/B comparison controls.
The paid version of Limited-Z adds the following features:
- EBU short-term and momentary metering mode.
- K-20, K-14, and K-12 metering mode.
- Configurable oversampling: 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x rate; minimal or linear phase; and high/low quality.
- Continually adjustable output margin control between 0 dB and -1.5 dB, and 0 dB and -10 dB for post-production.
- Adjustable X/Y controls for the Dynamic Algorithm settings for easily fine-tuning the limiter's overall sound and aggressiveness.
System Requirements and Specifications::
- Windows: VST, VST3, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-Z requires Windows 7 or newer with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-MAX requires OS X 10.8 or later, and an Intel processor. An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.