|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
MModernCompressor is a powerful compressor plugin based on MeldaProduction's MDynamics engine. It is designed simply for ease of use and optimized to get pristine quality results as quickly as possible without having to master the more advanced features in MDynamics. It also contains a powerful metering system providing everything from gain reduction to a level distribution analyzer.
- Powerful metering system - MModernCompressor displays output peak level, gain reduction, ITU-R BS.1770-1 and EBU 3341 compliant loudness, and also a loudness distribution graph, which you can use to analyze dynamic properties of your audio and even let the compressor set the basic compressor parameters automatically.
- Up to 8 channels surround processing - making it ideal for audio production for movies, games, etc.
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x to minimize aliasing and get an even clearer sound.
- Easy-to-use user interface - You can easily change all values, fine-tune each control in multiple ways. Easy orientation in a standardized GUI, textual editing and smooth visualization with almost unlimited zooming are standard.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn - you can map any parameter to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard and control it realtime or record and automate it.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange - using a title button you can save your settings (which are shared on the computer) so you can easily access these in other songs. Moreover all MP plugins can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from MP's servers (if this feature is enabled).
- Fully automatable.
Reviewed By tommyzai
November 6, 2013
MModernCompressor from MeldaProduction is a really easy to use, yet powerful compressor. According to Melda,"It's like a simplified version of MDynamics." I have found this to be true, and in many cases when I am ultra-creatively inspired and working fast, I opt to launch the little brother — MModern for quick results. The interface is not the prettiest, but it does accelerate the workflow. Although MMC does not feature Melda's four-knob basic interface, it is neatly organized and easy to manipulate. The parameters are familiar and the learning curve, if any, is slight, i.e., gain reduction, output peak, loudness values, etc. However, what makes this simple little compressor unique is a level distribution graph, which enables users to set up the compressor parameters automatically. This is a very cool feature. I had a lot of fun squishing the %^& out of my bass and drum loops. Of course it works well on any and all frequencies and tracks — I just like squishing rhythm tracks to get more controlled punch.
- Easy to use, but powerful.
- Minimal learning curve.
- Sounds great.
- Level follower.
- Safety limiter to prevent spikes and unwanted digital distortion.
- Extremely visual due to an amazing sonogram.
- Distribution graph.
- Easy preset management.
- Lifetime free updates.
- GUI is a bit uninspiring.
- Limited features compared to other Melda offerings, but it's very easy to use and great sounding.
MModernCompressor is a perfect go-to plugin for getting what you need without wasting time. It's straightforward, but as with all Melda offerings, there is always an extra feature or two included to provide for extra creativity. It's being sold at a good price, and if you buy the bundle it's an amazing value. I highly recommend this plugin to any eMusician, producer, or sound designer in search of a simple, yet powerful solution to their virtual compressor needs. I give MMC two nicely squeezed thumbs up.Read more