MenuMagic is designed to support Cakewalk's DAWs such as Sonar or Project 5 and allow you to control how your VST, VST3 and DX plug-ins will appear within Cakewalk's Instrument and Effects menus.
Note MenuMagic v2 has been released.
- v2 Supports Cakewalk by BandLab and Sonar (Platinum, X3, etc down to Sonar 6.02).
- Check here for details!
- Supports Sonar X2, etc down to Sonar 3 (untested on earlier versions).
- Supports Project5 as well as any older Cakewalk DAW that is capable of using the later versions of Cakewalk's VST Adapter. A list of supported DAWs is shown below.
Includes support for older Sonar versions (3 thru 5):
- Supports Project 5.
- Automatic plug-in setting synchronization between your different Cakewalk DAWs.
If you have Sync Layer option switched on (the default setting) any changes made are automatically applied to all Plug-in System Layers (VST Adapter, Project5v2.5, Sonar6 or higher).
I.E. if you organize your Sonar plug-ins, your Project5 plug-ins settings will match. This includes categorization (what menus plug-ins appear in) and name fixes (fix once/fixed everywhere.).
- Recognizes and automatically pre-Categorizes over 1000 different plug-ins when program is run for the first time or when a new plug-in is discovered.
- Allows you to quickly and easily customize the arrangement of your VST, VST3 (MenuMagic V2 only) & DX plug-ins into Categories that will act as sub-menus within Sonar, Project5 and other Cakewalk DAWs.
- Categories are completed customizable - easily Add, Delete or Rename Categories and/or modify their tooltip descriptions.
- Instantly find new plug-ins that have been added to your system with the 'New' filter or by using the 'UnCategorized' filter see just those plug-ins that are not yet assigned to a Plug-in menu.
- For Sonar - you can assign the Plug-in Menu Layout being saved as the default layout for various system menus (e.g. SynthRackSynths, TrackAudioEffects, TrackSynths, etc.).
- Thorough use of tooltips (mouse over hints) though out MenuMagic make the program easy to learn and understand.
- Sophisticated plug-in name managements tools such as:
- Cascading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plug-in names.
- Prefix or suffix plug-in names based on type (i.e. VST3, VST3i, VST, VSTi, DX, DXi). * (VST3 supported by MenuMagic V2 only).
- Hide plug-ins from appearing within your DAW or unHide them - quick, easy & NON-PERMANENT.
- Menu Preview option lets you see how your settings will appear within Cakewalk menus before you implement your changes.
- Your MenuMagic settings are preserved and protected from VST Adapter changes - re-implement your settings with one click.
- VST Scanner monitor - warns you when the VST Scanner has been run and changed system settings that will effect your plug-ins.
- Plug-in Status tab notifies you of plug-in modifications, system changes, warns you of stale backups, un-applied changes and more.
- Fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid shows you details on all your VST / DX plug-ins and identifies duplicates. Multi-column bi-directional sorts let you see your data in whatever manner you desire. Grid has a full screen mode option as well.
- Customize the appearance of MenuMagic to your taste with selectable skins plus tweakable hue and saturation settings.
- Cakewalk VST registry backup/restore tools.
- Global Plug-in undo - oops proof - one button resets all of your plug-ins settings back to how they were before using MenuMagic. This feature also works great if you have to switch between Cakewalk & non-Cakewalk DAWs - and re-implementing your previous MenuMagic settings is a one click operation.
- Global Program reset - reset all of MenuMagic settings back to their initial out-of-the-box defaults.
- Found a bug or got a program suggestion? Bug Report button allows you to easily submit your problem or request directly to Agitated State to be reviewed by our programmers.
- MenuMagic has been tested with the following Cakewalk DAWs:
- SONAR X2 All Editions.
- SONAR X1 All Editions.
- SONAR 8 All Editions.
- SONAR 7 All Editions.
- SONAR 6 All Editions.
- SONAR 5 All Editions.
- SONAR 4 All Editions.
- SONAR 3 All Editions.
- Project5 Version v2 & v2.5.
- It should also work on
- Guitar Tracks Pro 3.
- Home Studio 2.
- Home Studio 2 XL.
- Music Creator 2.