No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Distortion / Overdrive / AmpMulti FX|
|Copy Protection||UAD Hardware Specific|
Utilizing Universal Audio's component modeling technology and intuitive design, Nigel delivers a complete pallet of guitar tones along with most effects a guitar player might need, all with minimal latency and no load on your host computer's CPU. In addition, Nigel's Preflex advanced guitar amp modeling technology goes beyond the usual pre-amp/amp/cabinet emulators. In addition to delivering a wide range of highly playable classic amp tones from the "Clean & Warm" California tube sound to more metal soaked "British" tones, countless original timbres can be realized. Preflex also offers variable morphing between any two amp presets.
- Continuously variable morphing between different amplifier types.
- Gate/Compressor for noise and dynamics control.
- Phaser capable of modern and classic sounds such as those produced by the Mutron.
- Bi-Phase, Small Stone and MXR series of phasers.
- Mod Filter: wah, auto-wah, envelope follower, modeled after the Mutron III and popular filters.
- Tremolo with Classic, Shimmer, VariTrem, and Fade modes.
- Fade-in for swells and reverse tape effects.
- Modulated Delay capable of chorus, flange and vibrato.
- Echo Delay up to 1200ms.
- Artifact-free smoothing on all parameters - no zipper noise.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).