The OB-SX is an all-analog, six voice poly synth from the early 80s that will certainly conjure up visions of prog rock bands experimenting with synths for the first time - Rush and Van Halen come to mind immediately. We were able to access both ADSRs, VCOs, detuning, cross modulation, and even a MIDI voice parameter that allowed us to either re-trigger the same voice while sampling (which allows for extremely clean and consistent sound) or, as the OB naturally plays, cycle through the slightly detuned and extremely characterful six voices.
Click here for more...
- 23 Factory and 19 Custom presets, multi-sampled from the OB-SX.
- 42 total OB patches, organized into 7 categories.
- Bass, Brass & Woodwinds, FX, Keys, Leads, Organs and Strings.
- 4,286 24-bit WAV samples.
- WAVs are trimmed, looped, named by note, and mapped to various samplers.
- WAV feature mapping and looping metadata, for easy drag n drop into unsupported samplers.
- Recorded cleanly through an API 1608 console to Apogee Symphony Conversion.
- Classic Oberheim sounds: plastic chords, silky strings, smokey pads, organs, clav, trumpet and rhodes sounds.
- Rubbery basses, vintage leads, evolving FX and more.
- Extensive modulation and FX routing on all software instruments.
- 1.7 GB Unzipped.