OP-X PRO is a virtual recreation of the legendary Oberheim OB-X. It is based on the OP-X engine while offering many additional features for an enhanced analog feel and tremendous sonic potential.
One of the main additions was to enhance the already great OP-X filter with multi-mode functionality. The root concept was derived from the old SEM multi-mode filter which allowed seamless blending from low-pass over notch to high-pass with a fixed band-pass position. This basic concept is enhanced with a switchable 12/24dB low-pass position and a multi-mode pole (only high pass in SEM) with itself seamlessly blendable modes from high-pass over band-pass to notch. The low-pass-to-multi-mode mix can also be automated by LFO and the filter envelope.
Further enhanced features:
- Lots of virtual tuning trim pots for custom detunings.
- Switchable legato mode for unisono playing.
- Switchable LFO to amp modulation.
- Enhanced minimal envelope times.
- Voice-based LFO to pan modulation.
- Seamlessly controllable VCO frequencies.
- Voices individually mutable for variable mono mode.
OP-X / OP-X PRO feature separate signal paths for each of the six voices, with slight differences in sound - the oscillators, filters, envelopes and portamento times differ from voice to voice and can be tuned individually with four global buttons.
Standard OP-X Features:
- Comprehensive detuning options.
- Tuning options for: oscillators / filters / envelopes.
- Tuning option for portamento times.
- 12db SEM-filter emulation.
- Unisono, polyphonic portamento.
- Sync, x-mod, ring modulation, noise, s/h.
- Filter-envelope modulation.
- Sine wave frequency modulation.
- Individual voice pans.
- Switchable off keyboard and lever animation show.