|Type / Tags||Console EmulationAnalog EmulationEQEqualizerPreampSaturation|
Windows XP SP 3 or newer with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel processor. An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
|Copy Protection||Key File|
PreAMPed is a plugin designed to simulate many of the analog qualities of hardware preamplifiers. This includes subtle EQ response curves, low- and high- frequency saturation, differences between left and right signals, crosstalk, noise, transformer/coil impulse response, and saturation and EQ changes due to gain changes. Overall PreAMPed utilizes over forty separate parameters to determine each of the preamp modules within PreAMPed. As a tool, PreAMPed can be used on multiple tracks to provide subtle enhancement to individual track elements, or on overall mixes.
- 13 preamp models.
- Drive control.
- Additional saturation control with selectable saturation algorithm.
- 4-band EQ.
- Phase switch.
- Left and right signal swapping.
- Input trim and output gain.
- Output signal level clipper.
- Mid/side processing option.
- 2x, 4x, and 8x oversampling.
- Visual metering of input and output signals.
System Requirements and Specifications:
- Windows: VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. PreAMPed requires Windows XP SP 3 or newer with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. PreAMPed requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel processor. An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
A demo version of PreAMPed can be downloaded at LVC-Audio. The demo version of the plugin is fully functioning except for occasional bypassing of the plugin's processing (approximately 1 time per minute, for 4 seconds).
PreAMPed is available for purchase at the price of $54.95 USD. To purchase PreAMPed, visit the Purchase Page at LVC-Audio.
Reviewed By tommyzai
May 7, 2014
*Disclaimer: I'm a songwriter, producer, and educator. My writing style may read like a billboard ad, but my user review is sincere and authentic. I only appraise a product I consider extraordinary, hence the high rating. I don't work for the developer. In fact, I rarely work at all. :-) I hope you find my review useful. — Tommy Zai
PreAMPed by LVC Audio is an analog preamp simulator plugin with more than a dozen unique modules that effectively and convincingly recreate and emulate the nuances* of top hardware gear. The interface is tidy, eye pleasing, and user-friendly. It has just enough buttons and knobs to enable users to work wonders without being over-stimulated and lost in a menagerie of visual chaos. The sound quality is fantastic, especially when using maximum oversampling (8x) — great algorithms. The sonic pallet ranges from crisp and clean to hot and dirty. I have had a lot of success using PreAMPed to process individual audio tracks, especially guitars, bass, and vocals (as an FX). I have read, and can easily imagine, using this plugin globally to enhance the entire mix.
MY FAVORITE FEATURES
- Neatly designed interface with everything in the right place.
- Excellent sounding modules presets with a wide range of timbres.
- Effective and deep saturation controls.
- Smooth and silky 4-band EQ.
- Adjustable output signal clipper to prevent or control noisy stuff.
- Responsive, accurate, easy-to-read input/output metering (VU, PPM, peak, and RMS).
- Low aliasing.
- Responsive, enthusiastic, innovating developer.
- Great price.
- I found this quote by another user and I dig it, "While most of the biggest plugin companies seem to be falling down the "emulation hole" I'm really glad to see some small developers stepping up and making innovative and (more importantly) great sounding plugins for very reasonable prices.".
- Preamp module blending would be really sweet. I stole this suggestion from another user and refuse to give credit. LOL.
PreAMPed is an outstanding and useful analog hardware preamp simulator plugin. Some compare it to its Klanghelm counterpart. Perhaps some of the features overlap, but IMO both units are unique and worth having in the virtual toolbox. I highly recommend this plugin to any eMusician, producer, film/game scorer, DJ, sound designer, etc., who is looking to expand their sonic timbre with a fantastic set of analog preamp modules. Tommy Zai gives PreAMPed two fat thumbs up. Thank you, LVC, for creating such a useful and affordable plugin.
*EQ response curves, frequency saturation, L+R channel differentiation, crosstalk, noise, transformer/coil impulse response, saturation, etc.Read more