|Type / Tags||Delay / EchoCreative DelayDelayFSUMultitapReverb|
Prima Delay is capable of producing a myriad of echo types and a compelling array of reverbs. And as if that isn't enough, it's also able to produce stereo chorusing and a cluster of unique phasing effects that will provide complete transformations of your sounds.
- Number of Delay Taps adjustable from 1 to 128.
- Tap Delay Time, each from 1 to 2000 ms (dependant on Sample Rate).
- Amplitude Envelope for taps with adjustable curvature.
- Tap Times deployment for accelerated or decelerated delay effects ("bouncing ball").
- Positive or Negative Feedback.
- LFO modulation of delay lengths (Rate and Depth controls).
- 3 Delay Line Quality types.
- 12dB Highpass and Lowpass filters on input signal before delay.
- Mono, Stereo and inverse Stereo output of the Taps, alternated on left and right channels.
- MIDI learn for each parameter, preset selection by Program Change.
- Graphic Display of the series of taps, with zoom focus.
- Works at any Sample Rate.
- Skinnable interface, 3 skins already included.
Use Alt key and click on the display to open the PDF Manual from the GUI.
Reviewed By blortblort
January 22, 2015
There are a LOT of delay devices out there.
That probably goes without saying. But it does bear saying that in preface to my brief review of Nusofting's Prima Delay.
This one has been out there for a while and I have to admit that I myself demo'd it initially and did not really give it a chance... I suppose at the time, I did not have the little patience that it takes to scratch the surface of what this little gem can do... so here we are over 6 years later and Prima Delay STILL pretty much stands by itself in terms of what it can do. the only things that I can think of that could possibly come close would be SoundToy's Crystallizer (which is awesome in its own right ...and about 4 times more expensive ;) or Valhalla DSP's UberMod
The point here is that Prima Delay is pretty much totally unique- it can create sophisticated reverse reverbs, rubber ball like effects and much more...but with so much more possibility when you factor in the ability of your DAW to automate some of the settings: decay curve, stereo amt, taps amp decay, tap numbers...its quite the pandora's box and RIGHT NOW it's available for %40 off the regular $45...
I do own a metric sh*tload of delays and I love them all... they all have that certain something that they do... some more than others... and in the case of Prima Delay, there really is no overlap. it's in a class by itself.Read more