|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Customized Per Customer|
Sonimus Satson is designed to emulate a console-based workflow (including metering, saturation, stereo crosstalk, and trim). The Satson plugin features a carefully modeled and calibrated VU meter, high quality high-pass / low-pass filters, and analog console-like saturation (including stereo crosstalk).
Level tracks for ideal headroom with Satson's carefully calibrated VU Meters. Users can choose between two metering calibrations: VU 0VU = -18 dBfs; 0VU = -14 dBfs or 0VU = -20 dBfs. Satson's GAIN control acts as a trim, granting further control over gain staging.
- High Quality Filters (both low and high pass).
- Satson Buss' optional Stereo Crosstalk feature (Modern and Vintage modes).
- Based on two high-end analog consoles.
- Satson can be used subtly or aggressively.
- Satson Buss "LOUD" switch can be used to add more "air" to highs and "punch" to lows.
- Internal 64-bit floating point double precision.
- With zero latency, no group delay, and careful optimization for low CPU consumption, Satson allows for a remarkably high number of multiple instances per session.
- Hassle-free installation. No activation or serial. Each buyer receives a personalized copy for use in the studio, on the laptop, etc.
Reviewed By jam92189
May 26, 2012
I bit the bullet and bought this a few days ago.
Honestly I like my other console emulations better for effect. But the nice filters and the really subtle effect with the good gain control kinda have me at a sorta happy spot. I used it on a project and thought it was okay but blended with my other console emulations and things got really nice really quick. I had the console bypassed just used the filters and gain. the bus part I did use pretty nice overall i would give it a 9 because of the quality looks and low CPU hit.
The saturation is very subtle but I do like the idea of a little goes a long way. The only problem I have with it is I notice a loss of low end when I try to get it to saturate just a little more. This can be expected but its a pretty noticeable when on bass heavy stuff and ends up not really helping so I like using it when I just need a small effect that my other console emulations and tape emulations just are to strong for if that makes any sense.
Over all I would say really really nice filters, It looks mega cool and the meters are just so nice. the gain control with the filters are my favorite things about this one. And I do not see my self wanting to ask for my money back even though i have other emulation that i prefer because its a great product and some times that really subtle effect but subtle does add up in a nice way and its really good when combed with something else.
EDIT:alright I edited and re rated this because after a few good full mixing projects I used it in just to say really used it. I found the filters amazing I am really loving the filters and personally find them to be high enough quality to warrant liking this plugin.Read more