SAW is the acronym for Software Audio Workshop.
SAWStudio combines both high-tech virtual mixing and hard disk editing technologies into one application.
- 72 mono/stereo tracks (Full), 36 (Lite) 24 (Basic).
- 24 stereo output tracks (Full), 12 (Lite), 8 (Basic).
- 8 layers on each track (Full), 4 (Lite).
- 6 Library View windows (Full), 2 (Lite), 1 (Basic).
- The console interface provides mixing and editing capabilities, and efficient navigational ability.
- Programmable Function Key Views - access multiple workspace arrangements.
- Powerful automation capability.
- The focus of the SAWStudio engine design is centered around the live, low latency feel of a real playback and mixing environment.
- High-resolution Sample Rate Conversion is built in at the engine core.
- The streamlined design of the SAWStudio API incorporates the use of built-in FX, DirectX, and VST plug-ins.
- The SoundFile View - Record, audition and create regions for the MultiTrack.
- The Video Track - Sync, edit, and capture video directly in the MultiTrack.
- The Control Track - Control external lighting, projection, and other theater automation devices direct from the MultiTrack.
- Other Powerful Views - SAWStudio offers extended functionality with special view windows such as the Automation Gallery and Library Views.
- TCPIP Host/Slave/Remote Capabilities - Use standard Ethernet network connections to control multiple machines in perfect sync.
- Live Input Sound Reinforcement Capabilities - Use the SAW virtual console in real-time latency mode to emulate and operate as a high-powered live sound reinforcement console.
- Physical MIDI Control Surface Compatibility - Use some of the most popular physical control surfaces to get hands-on control of many of SAWStudio's console and editing functions.